THEY ARE HERE!! Look!>>

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 09:12 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THEY ARE HERE!! Look!>>

Announcing my very own line of Subwoofers!!

Yes everyone the dream came true!

i have now designed and engeneered my very own line of subwoofers i also changed the name of my business to RMS car audio.
my new "RMS subs" will handel 600 watts RMS and 1000 watts peak. my 10" subs weighs almost 20 pounds and has a 2 inch peak to peak cone travel.
as you can see the magnets are double stacked and have an extra large vent in the back for cooling. the 10 will fit in .4 cubic feet and the 12 will fit in .75 cubic feet. thease subs will out proform most any of the popular subs like JL, Fosgate, MTX, ect.

i cant post my link to my site here because i need to respect the boards rules but if you want info send me an email

Old 01-04-2002, 12:04 PM
Racer

wow 133 views in less than 12 hours and not 1 person has anything to say? interesting...
Old 01-05-2002, 12:25 AM
Instructor

hmmm...

they look like something made by adire audio.
Old 01-05-2002, 12:33 AM
Drifting

Cool, man, congratulations! Are you manufacturing those yourself?

How much are they going for?
Old 01-05-2002, 01:05 AM
Pro

HOw did you make them?? thats pretty damn good of you!!
Old 01-05-2002, 09:48 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Went to your web site and you give more description here, hmmm. Where were they mfg'd, in country or offshore? Describe the materials, mfg process. Where's the DUMAX report and FR curves? How do you know these will outperform JL, Fosgate, MTX, ect as you describe? Pretty pics but not enough info to back up. Don't get me wrong, I love it when a little guy comes in and blows away a big company, but there's not enough data. Have you shipped out any units to be tested/reviewed by a valid third party? Maybe someone on this site would like to. Personally, I think the price is too high for a start-up and you need to put a pretty pic with colors on the cone if you want the youger kids to buy into it. They like that stuff.
Old 01-06-2002, 12:57 AM
Racer

Originally posted by Brewboy
Went to your web site and you give more description here, hmmm. Where were they mfg'd, in country or offshore? Describe the materials, mfg process. Where's the DUMAX report and FR curves? How do you know these will outperform JL, Fosgate, MTX, ect as you describe? Pretty pics but not enough info to back up. Don't get me wrong, I love it when a little guy comes in and blows away a big company, but there's not enough data. Have you shipped out any units to be tested/reviewed by a valid third party? Maybe someone on this site would like to. Personally, I think the price is too high for a start-up and you need to put a pretty pic with colors on the cone if you want the youger kids to buy into it. They like that stuff.
still updating the website. sorry i didn't post TS parameters but ill paste them here after my post. i dont have my logo on the sub yet as i decided to change my business name recently and still working on a company logo.
the subs are made by the same manufacturer that makes eclipse subs. i would say the name but i dont know if eclipse would be pissed if everyone knew.
i was able to get them to manufacture subs for me in a smaller quantity than they usually do. They usually require 100 units per model but I was able to convince the manufacturer to start me off with a smaller quantity to get my business going. The subs are made in the USA on the West Coast. I had these manufactured to my specifications because of the boxes I sell require a specific type of sub. My subs handle a 1000 watts because bandpass boxes are very hard on subs. Also my boxes is somewhat smaller than most.
As far as the price...the price was chosen based on the fact that my subs are very similar to those sold by Eclipse because they are made in the same factory. the manufactuer and i talked at length about what other subs he makes for other comapnies sell for. also what other subs in a similar category retail for. i dident just pull the mumbers out of my A$$. i have also taken them to several shops and they all agree that the price i am asking is more than fair. infact several people have suggested that i raise my price on my boxes do to the quality of sub i am using in it. also another comment i get it that the pictures dont do justice you need to see and hold the subs in person to appreciate the quality.
I decided that if I was going to build a sub it had to be better than the competition or why bother? My subs have more cone excursion and handle more power than all the brands I mentioned plus several others. My subs have a three inch diameter voice coil. They handle more watts, RMS, than a lot of sub manufactures like Audiobahn who claim to have a 1000 watt power handling capacity while only using a 2.5 inch voice coil.
I know my subs outproform the subs mentioned because i have been building boxes for 12 years. i have put many subs i have tried in the past up against mine and run a comparason and FR curves against my subs and mine are always on top. i spent a lot of time searchong the competition. and learning what i was up against. like i said i dident just build some crap sub if your gonna do it then do it right!

Here are the specs for my woofers.

------------------- Electrical/Mechanical Parameters --------------------
Revc(DC VC Res ) = 3.0000 Ohm Qms (Mech Q) = 4.2712
Fo (Res Freq ) = 28.3726 Hz Qes (Elec Q) = 0.4116
Zo (Zmax at Fo) = 34.1303 Ohm Qts (Total Q) = 0.3754
Sd (Piston Area)= 0.0343 sqM Vas(Acous Vol) = 46.4480 Litr
BL (Flux*Length)= 12.1266 TM Cms(Compliance)= 278.0230 uM/N
no (Ref Effncy) = 0.2492 % Mms(Total Mass)= 113.1781 Gram
SPLo(SPL at 1W ) = 85.9842 dB Mmd(DiaphmMass)= 109.5255 Gram

---------------------- Motor Impedance Parameters -----------------------
Levc (Induc at 1kHz) = 3.5238 mH Rem(Res at 1kHz)= 15.9582 Ohm
Levc (Induc at 20kHz) = 1.8651 mH Rem(Res at 20kHz)= 142.5188 Ohm
Krm (Resistance Cons)= 26.7297 mOhm Erm(Resis Expont)= 0.7309
Kxm (Reactance Cons)= 22.5758 mH Exm(React Expont)= 0.7876
Old 01-06-2002, 01:07 AM
Racer

also i wanted to mention that i use a lower wattage rating for thease subs on my site because in a bandpass box there is a lot more stress on the woofer and they will generate more heat. also due to the fact that it is easy to clip an amp on a sub in a bandpass box as you cannot hear when the amp clips a sub in a BP box. the subs can take easily 600 watts in the BP box but i wanted a little breathing room for thoes who decide to abuse theri equipment and get a little too happy with the gain control and try to drive the subs into overload. the manufacturer has reassured me that even with 400 watts of pure distortion thease subs will not blow with the 3 " voice coil. so i do not have to worryt about returned merchandise with blown subs.
Old 01-06-2002, 06:08 AM
Banned

preludeshfan:
First let me say I'm not trying to be mean or anything...I'm just questioning something. You said they would outperform JL and RF? So far from what I see that's doubtful if not impossible...at least...that is unless you're comparing to the really low model JL w0's and RF's. So I guess a better thing to say would be...which models are you saying they outperform...because I can tell you with certainty they'll never outperform the JL w7 series, and it's doubtful they'll perform the w6 series. That I spoke with Jason at JL about...as for RF I have yet to talk to him, but I assume similar...and this is not a "you're wrong you dumbass" more a "prove it, I want to see" type of thing...

Austin519
Old 01-06-2002, 10:28 AM
Racer

Originally posted by Austin519
preludeshfan:
First let me say I'm not trying to be mean or anything...I'm just questioning something. You said they would outperform JL and RF? So far from what I see that's doubtful if not impossible...at least...that is unless you're comparing to the really low model JL w0's and RF's. So I guess a better thing to say would be...which models are you saying they outperform...because I can tell you with certainty they'll never outperform the JL w7 series, and it's doubtful they'll perform the w6 series. That I spoke with Jason at JL about...as for RF I have yet to talk to him, but I assume similar...and this is not a "you're wrong you dumbass" more a "prove it, I want to see" type of thing...

Austin519
oh my bad i forgot about the W7's i meant all the w3 and w6 lines. the W7 is a tough sub to beat but if you want to talk apples to apples there aren't many subs that can offer what the W7 subs can but if you want to talk price ill put 900 bucks worth of my subs up against a W7 and day!
actually now that you mention it my manufacturer was working on getting the contract for the W7. he told me he dident get it though because JL bought some of his subs and took them apart to get some ideas for the W7. my manufacturer has been making subs that have a 3" cone excursion for the last 4 years already. so JL looked at his designs to get some ideas for their new sub.
as far as a proove it statement well i gave you the TS parameters. you seem to know a lot about subs so i will assume you know how to take the info and do your own comparasons. i don't have the time to proove anything nore do i feel i have to. i know the facts and so far out of about 50 emails i have got from people asking how much and where to buy your the first person i have run into that has doubts. if you dident have doubts that i might be right than you wouldent have second guessed yourself and contacted someone else to try to convince yourself you are correct. i can garentee you absolutly every person who has seen my subs in person will tell you there is no question i have a much better sub than anything on the market in the same price range. the W7 of course is no where in the same price range so it dosn't count.
im not getting defensive really i am just trying to answer your questions. and if you still don't belive me that's fine i really like JL subs also i think they are good subs but unless your talking W7 they just don't have anything else that can hang with mine. it is very simple the best selling sub they make has a much lower power handeling capacity. it has less motor strength, less Xmax, less Xmec, a cheap stamped steel basket, cheap terminal connections, and retails for a lot more than it should. granted they do sound great. and they have the ability to play low in the smallest boxes. but i designed my subs to play in smaller boxes, and still play lower than the W3's when i do a frequency responce curve with a W3 and my sub the curves are almost identical with the same power applied. the difference is when you start turning up the juice the JL sub will over extend itself and suffer mechanically and then thermally. my sub however just keeps going and eventually at about 300 watts has still not fully reached xmax because it's xmax is almost 2 times what the W3 is.
if you want to keep using JL go ahead i can't expect everyone to want to buy my subs. everyone has different opinions some people buy Fords some buy Honda. there seem's to be no reason to me why someone would waste their money on a Ford but hey you can't sell everyone. the old saying applies here "you can lead them to water but you can't mak them drink.
Peace out.
Old 01-06-2002, 05:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
preludeshfan good luck with the company and the subs look impressive but here is an idea why not manufacture a replacement sub for the stock tl bose sub.... im sure there would be alot of people purchase that cuz there are alot of people complaining about the bose system lack of low's (my self included) that dont want to change the whole system....
Old 01-06-2002, 06:16 PM
Racer

Originally posted by shawhite
preludeshfan good luck with the company and the subs look impressive but here is an idea why not manufacture a replacement sub for the stock tl bose sub.... im sure there would be alot of people purchase that cuz there are alot of people complaining about the bose system lack of low's (my self included) that dont want to change the whole system....
heh lol yea that would be a good idea but sheesh you got any idea what it cost to get your own sub manufactured? damn give me a little while will ya?.. LOL
Old 01-06-2002, 10:27 PM
Banned

preludesfan:
well I will look at the parameters...and I wish you luck...but you know lab specs doesn't make the sub And about the JL 12 w7...I get mine for about $450...not 900...cheers

Austin519