TL: spring clip for passenger side headlight?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 08:21 PM
3 pedals in my 99 TL

Received 178 Likes on 156 Posts
Unhappy spring clip for passenger side headlight?

Alright guys i got a few questions. First off, I have a 99 TL that Im workin with here. Ive searched through google, and through some threads on here about this problem and I havent really found any good answers. So im in the process of changing out my stock HIDs and as I was taking off the passenger side bulb and removing the spring clip, the spring clip slipped out of my hand and I dropped and lost it somewhere in my engine bay. Now, is the spring clip absolutely necessary to put back in once I reinstall the bulb and cover it up? Like would there be any better chance of water or moisture leaking through to my ballast or anything like that?

Next, I'd like to ask about the driver side bulb removal. This one is a pain in the ass because of the air filter and that little funnel thingy that prevent me from removing the black cover that houses the bulb and the wiring. I looked around for DIYs and didnt find anything on google but I checked the DIY on here for 2G TLs but it didnt mention the driver side removal so I was just wondering if it would be easiest to remove the air filter and the funnel to make room to remove the black cover to get to the bulb? Cause I swear I tried everything possible without moving the funnel or air filter and I just cant get the black cover loose. I tried to take out the air filter but was having problems with one of the screws on the bottom part of the filter cause its in such an awkward position to reach.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.