Sound Systems

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 11:34 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sound Systems

Does anyone know anybody that does custom configurations on sound systems, like Streeteffectz, in South Florida? I really dont wanna go to Cali. to get my car tricked out. I want to go to someone about as good, I know it can't get better than StreetEffectz.
Old 12-31-2001, 12:28 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My god man, you want to drive to cali to hook your audio up. You might as well make the trip up the coast to streetz if you want the sound that bad, it will save you a lot of time. But why dont yu just ask someone with a knock out there to tell you where to go. when i was down in FL for vacation last Easter, they had this sick place in kissimee in Old Town that was nothing but car audio and mods. They had all the competition stuff like Alumapro and Pheonix things. Its worth checking them out and checking outh the local yellow paes before you make the trip. And ohh yeah, i got 800 posts, i was kinda hoping to have 1000 by years end, but no post whoring from me.
Old 12-31-2001, 01:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

Another good idea is to make sure that the installers you choose are MECEP certified (that means they know how to install stereo stuff without screwing anything up). Also ask to see cars they have installed, and if the cars have ever gone to IASCA car stereo competition. The reason I say this is because the standard of installing car stereos is not the same everywhere. If the shop you go to shows you tons of trophies and tons of pics of competition installs, it is a very good bet that they know their stuff. And when you look at the actual car the shop has done, you can get a feel of whether you like the type of work they do. Oh, another point that is important: make sure the same installer that did all the competition systems is still around and is available to do your car. Too often, good installers are wooed away to other shops for big bucks, and you end up with a shop that says it can do the quality work but can't. Make sure you cover all your bases so you won't get shafted. Good luck!
Old 12-31-2001, 02:01 AM
OG

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Go to Dave Rivera, aka Fishman. I believe he is located in Florida and he does some wild installs on vehicles. You can pick up a copy of Car Audio and Electronic and his store number should be there. He used to be in the West Coast and a bunch of us would go and compete in IASCA events.... Ahhh, the good old days.
Old 12-31-2001, 05:54 PM
Racer

Originally posted by AcuraTL
Go to Dave Rivera, aka Fishman. I believe he is located in Florida and he does some wild installs on vehicles. You can pick up a copy of Car Audio and Electronic and his store number should be there. He used to be in the West Coast and a bunch of us would go and compete in IASCA events.... Ahhh, the good old days.
that's the same guy i was going to say to go to. i think he is in Miami. he had a tight a$$ install in Jevon Kearse's SUV. fiberglass, TV's. i think that he is probably everybit as good as Streeteffectz. not taking anything away from Ron but Fishman is tight. he should fill all your system needs.
Old 12-31-2001, 06:59 PM
Advanced

Fishman is the sh!t... I just hope you have a rather large bank account or a high limit on your credit card.
Old 12-31-2001, 07:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by AcuraTL
Yes, that's a good suggestion. Fishman has an excellent reputation for building awesome quality systems. You can't go wrong if you choose Fishman. Yep, I miss the good old IASCA days too Every now and then, I get the itch to go and compete and bring back a 1st place trophy! Problem is there's not really a lot of shows in the Pacific Northwest, and also I'm just too lazy to drive down to the US for the shows. :o
Old 12-31-2001, 07:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Dave@SE
Fishman is the sh!t... I just hope you have a rather large bank account or a high limit on your credit card.
Well, that goes without saying. Quality usually comes with a hefty price tag, unless you're buddies with a high end installer or he owes you a favor!
Old 01-01-2002, 03:03 PM
Intermediate

i was looking around on the net for Fishman, and i found their website. Fishman Audio - http://www.fishmanaudio.com jus thought id be of a little assistance.
Old 01-01-2002, 07:18 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah, if you got the money to go to Fishman, GO TO HIM! He is one of the BEST in the WORLD in my opinion. His fiberglass work is second to none, he is just AMAZING!