SoCali alarm installer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 03:36 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SoCali alarm installer?

anyone recommand any good installer in Los Angeles area?
Old 07-30-2004, 04:55 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went ahead and got the KARR alarm installed at the dealership. To think about it it's worth your money. for 795 they insure that they can replace your car within 3 years if it is ever stolen or totalled. plus you get all aspects of your car covered. the alarm will even go off is someone tries to jack up your car (most alarms don't pick this up). The tsx is mostly stolen these days for parts and the most common way is by towing. The alarm that they offer should be good enough to detect this too. i got it for 480, just haggle with them
Old 07-30-2004, 09:57 AM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
1) shorty, I don't mean to be dissing your alarm, but the absolute worst car alarm installations in the world are done for dealerships, becasue they don't pay shit for the job. NEVER buy an alarm from a dealer.

2) There is nothing on the KARR product lineup on their web site that mentions any kind of motion or tilt sensing. I personally believe that your dealership lied to you about the alarm's abilities - a shock sensor does NOT detect tilting, and that's the only sensor mentioned ontheir web site. The only "motion-tilt" sensor being manufactured to my knowledge that is not a total piece of crap is the Clifford Digital Motion Sensor, and I'm not sure about that one... never have gotten it to work in my car (honestly, I haven't tried very hard - it's in the CR-V, and I wasn't worried about that being towed...). Ungo used to have one but no more. Directed has one but it's the Clifford with a different sticker on it (so you can buy it from ANY Viper/Python/Clifford/Sidewinder dealer).

3) As I've mentioned before, Competition Soundworks in Cerritos used to be really good. Check them out.