So many ipod hookups available.. but one for nano??

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 11:12 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So many ipod hookups available.. but one for nano??

So I am gonna get an iPod nano, but am worried about how to hook it up to my car. I have an '04 tsx AT.. will the available systems (icelink for example) work for the ipod nano?? And are there any mounts that will work with a ipod system that will be compatible with the ipod nano? Im hoping I can have a system that will plug into the bottom connector of the ipod (the long connection, not the headphone connection) - that way I can have my ipod standing up on a mount..

BTW, I know this has been covered a ridiculous amount of times.. but with the new nano out, I just need to know specifically. Thanks.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:27 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
don't take my word for this, but i think the nano works with everything that the ipod mini works with, im sure if u searched google u could find your info. if the nano isn't compatible with ipod mini stuff then i would doubt that theres anything out for it because its so new
Old 09-13-2005, 11:43 PM
Instructor

mm.. yea thats what i figured. how long you guys think it will take for aftermarket car adapters to come out specifically designed for it? if the car adapters already work, then all i need is a cradle.. but ehh.. might not be out for a while. oh well, nano is sexy.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:19 AM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The nano uses the standard dock connector that the 3rd generation and 4th generation Ipods/Ipod Mini's use. You should be able to use all of the same accessories.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by Tsx536
The nano uses the standard dock connector that the 3rd generation and 4th generation Ipods/Ipod Mini's use. You should be able to use all of the same accessories.
I know the last post was from almost 1/2 year ago, but this thread is exactly what I want to ask. And I am a complete :noob: to iPod... so just want to post here to ask for latest confirmation that iPod Nano (specifically the latest 1GB version) uses the same "standard dock connector" the 3rd and 4th gen iPod and iPod Mini use.

I would like to be able to hook up the iPod Nano to my '05 TSX (non-Nav) and use the steering wheel switches to control it
Old 02-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Back in a Type S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This link may help you.

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/2-buick-gns-picking-viper-gts-video-132141/
Old 02-27-2006, 07:45 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 05_TSX_GP
I know the last post was from almost 1/2 year ago, but this thread is exactly what I want to ask. And I am a complete :noob: to iPod... so just want to post here to ask for latest confirmation that iPod Nano (specifically the latest 1GB version) uses the same "standard dock connector" the 3rd and 4th gen iPod and iPod Mini use.

I would like to be able to hook up the iPod Nano to my '05 TSX (non-Nav) and use the steering wheel switches to control it
Which adapter did you have your eyes on, the icelink?

AND, why are you spending your money on anything else except Hondata ?
Old 02-27-2006, 09:33 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by Tsx536
Which adapter did you have your eyes on, the icelink?

AND, why are you spending your money on anything else except Hondata ?
Icelink seems to be what I hear about the most but I don't have my eyes on any adapter, actually I haven't even got my 1GB Nano yet... just thought I'd check for the available car hookup options for the Nano a bit early.

Yeah, good question about Hondata! I think I saw the other day that it's now available for even '05! True??! Well... for some reason my itch for Hondata has gone down quite a bit (maybe due to the Winter?). And I already have another toy on my mind for the time being... nothing to do with cars (other than watching F1 with if), I am ready to pull trigger on a HD+PVR stb to go with my HD plasma