Running Cable into Armrest?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 10:47 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running Cable into Armrest?

I am trying to install iPod (USA Spec) and Sirius (Stiletto vehicle kit) into my '05 TSX. I'm pretty nervous because I've never done something like this but thanks to this site I have some really good ideas and think I can actually pull it off.

My only question:

What is the best way to run the iPod cable into the armrest bin? Do I have to drill a hole to do this? Do I have to take apart the trim piece where the cup holder is to do this?

If it seems too hard I will either do glove box or just drill a hole in the storage bin under radio.

Thanks for the help and I will do a full description with pics when I do the install.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Need more room in

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by snake4812
I am trying to install iPod (USA Spec) and Sirius (Stiletto vehicle kit) into my '05 TSX. I'm pretty nervous because I've never done something like this but thanks to this site I have some really good ideas and think I can actually pull it off.

My only question:

What is the best way to run the iPod cable into the armrest bin? Do I have to drill a hole to do this? Do I have to take apart the trim piece where the cup holder is to do this?

If it seems too hard I will either do glove box or just drill a hole in the storage bin under radio.

Thanks for the help and I will do a full description with pics when I do the install.
Yeah you need to take off the trim piece where the cup holder is. When you get the wire into the armrest, you'll need to drill another hole to get the wire into the armrest (or you may actually be able to squeeze it through where the power outlet is)

The armrest seems like a lot more work, which is why I went the storage bin way.