Ron (StreetEffectz) is the man

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 09:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Ron (StreetEffectz) is the man

Ron installed my system originally but I decided to install rear door speakers. Got some great tips from his install, the man is meticulous.

Anyway, was having some problems with fader controls and I called him up to see if he had any ideas. His first response was "Bring it up to the shop anytime and I'll look at it for you" So I shot up to his shop last night, damn Mapquest directions suck. Well Ron immediately stopped what he was doing and started working on my problem. Well he's the man and figured it out in no time and had me cranking tunes in my ride. Ron's new shop is soo nice...I could have eaten off the floor.

Ron, thanks for all your help. You truly meet the mark for exceptional customer service....along with some other guy on this board who will remain nameless.

BTW, Ron is working on this sick system in his shop. He said he'll be displaying it at the PAA Meet. No other comments, I am sworn to silence.
Old 04-19-2002, 10:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 193 Likes on 160 Posts
Just curious,
What was wrong and what was the fix?
Old 04-19-2002, 01:52 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good for you Neil, and RON you're da MAN!!!
Old 04-19-2002, 02:31 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Neil, very glad to help, and thank you for your kind words, that's MUCH appreciated.

Anyway, as for the problem....turns out that Neils wire colors are opposite from left to right of the car than what they should be. So a little wire rerouting and things of the sort, and he was all good to go!

Thanks again Neil!

By the way, I'm going to be there FULL TIME now starting Monday, April 22! Been waiting so long to do this!
Old 04-19-2002, 02:42 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
Originally posted by StreetEffectz

By the way, I'm going to be there FULL TIME now starting Monday, April 22! Been waiting so long to do this!
YEAH! Good for you, and good luck!

:-jon
Old 04-20-2002, 07:13 PM
A-SPEC

Hey SE, do u guys do audio installations on other cars than Acura's too?
Old 04-20-2002, 07:41 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
We do installs on everything. A lot of BMWs and Mercedes. Here's our demo car:

www.streeteffectz.com/bmw
Old 04-20-2002, 11:06 PM
Banned

Ron, i never seen any of your work in person till today. I saw kensteeles CLS at the Chicago meet, and you did a great job. I hope to set up a appoinment with you to get somt things done if thats ok. Just WOW, you did a great job on his visors and dvd arm rest. The pictures that you show, dont do it justice!!
Old 04-21-2002, 03:25 AM
Pro

Due credit...

That's very good news for me to hear that there are some REALLY nice shops out there that REALLY do care about the customers ride, etc. I haven't found any shop yet in So. Cal that knows what they are talking about without being so condescending that you don't want to deal with them. They refuse to listen to ideas that the customer might have regardless of the level of knowledge coming from the customer... Or else they are just robots who keep recommending the same system over and over and know absolutely nothing about the Acura Bose stock system.

SO WAY TO GO StreetEffectz! Maybe I'll have to take back some of my words about how car audio shops are full of idiots... You have definitely proven me wrong! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

I have looked at the audio system schematic that was so nicely posted here on this forum and I had some questions as the to color code of the rear speakers as well. I was wondering if there was a misprint on the schematic? From what I see, I'm not able to verify and pass on the color code without going into the back door panels myself to see which way is correct.

On the schematic, the front speakers show the + and - outputs of the amp feeding the #1 and #2 terminals on the speakers, respectively. Yet, the rears show the + and - outputs of the amp feeding the #2 and #1 terminals on the speakers, respectively. This seems like a misprint to me. I'm concerned that those who follow the printed color code may end up with a phase reversal in the rear. Is that what you were talking about StreeEffectz? Or was JUST THIS ONE ACURA TLS truly miswired? I find that kind of hard to believe, but anything is possible. I'm definitely not flaming or blaming here, I'm just trying to get the rear speaker color code correct for future advice. I, myself, can definitely tell which is which when I get in there, but for those who are just following the schematic, IS THERE A MISPRINT? IF so, can you remember the correct colors and post them for all of us please?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
Old 04-21-2002, 02:06 PM
Pro

Ron,

could you please e-mail me at bso@telusplanet.net ? I have some questions I would like to ask you. Thanks

Bryan

Originally posted by StreetEffectz
Neil, very glad to help, and thank you for your kind words, that's MUCH appreciated.

Anyway, as for the problem....turns out that Neils wire colors are opposite from left to right of the car than what they should be. So a little wire rerouting and things of the sort, and he was all good to go!

Thanks again Neil!