Remote Start Kills On Star & Navi

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 05:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Start Kills On Star & Navi

I recently had my viper remote start and alarm moved from my maxima (gone) to my 03 TL’s with Navi. Well, after a few days the on-star doesn’t work and neither does the Navi voice (connected with on-star). My dealer was very good about it (north Jersey area) they warrantied the damage, but once they replaced the Onstar it happened again in a few days. They determined that is was the alarm/remote start system and disconnected it, now the navi and Onstar work fine but my
car is a 100 degrees.

I am not familiar with the workings of electronics but I can’t blow a 3rd unit. Does anyone:

A>Know a place in North Jersey that has successfully installed a remote start?

B>have any clue on why this happens and could they tell me so that I may be able to tell the alarm installer as how to install this properly?

Option B would be a last resort for me.

Thanks for your help

Mike
Old 06-25-2002, 06:25 PM
Has been sold for a while

Re: Remote Start Kills On Star & Navi

Originally posted by picacard
I recently had my viper remote start and alarm moved from my maxima (gone) to my 03 TL’s with Navi. Well, after a few days the on-star doesn’t work and neither does the Navi voice (connected with on-star). My dealer was very good about it (north Jersey area) they warrantied the damage, but once they replaced the Onstar it happened again in a few days. They determined that is was the alarm/remote start system and disconnected it, now the navi and Onstar work fine but my
car is a 100 degrees.

I am not familiar with the workings of electronics but I can’t blow a 3rd unit. Does anyone:

A>Know a place in North Jersey that has successfully installed a remote start?

B>have any clue on why this happens and could they tell me so that I may be able to tell the alarm installer as how to install this properly?

Option B would be a last resort for me.

Thanks for your help

Mike
Find a better installer. I believe Ron (STREETEFFECTZ) is in your area.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:00 PM
Instructor

I had an alarm and remote start installed in my TL-S w/o any problems... I have Navi and On Star. I had mine installed @ Car Tunes in Farmingdale, LI... they do a very neat job. They have done my last 4 cars.... Good luck!
Old 06-26-2002, 09:14 AM
Racer

I also have the Viper with remote start and my onstar and navi works prefect. I had it installed in Wayne, NJ at a place called Auto Sound. You could easily take it to Ron at Street Effectz like someone else mentioned (He is the best).
Old 10-25-2002, 01:07 AM
Intermediate

I think I am suffering from the same thing? I recently got the DEI 551t installed in my 2003 TL w/ Navi and the same problem happened, the Navi Voice doesn't come on and the OnStar doesn't work. Anybody has any ideas what could be the issue?? I am bringing it to the dealer in the morning....
Old 10-25-2002, 08:39 AM
Advanced

There could be 1 of 2 problems. 1) Either an ignition or accessory circuit is not being energized when it should be. 2) A ignition circuit is being powered up as an accessory circuit or vice versa...sometimes there has to be a specific order to the way the circuits are energized. And lastyly the only other thing I can think of is possibly a key sense wire so the car thinks there is a key in the ignition but that is a longshot. Good luck...sounds like a weird problem....you could always call DEI customer service and see if they have a fix for it.
Old 10-26-2002, 09:09 AM
Intermediate

Well, The Acura Tech couldn't diagnose the problem so they told me to come back on Wednesday. Acura is extremely busy and so I will do that. The funny thing about this problem is that my Navi Voice and My Onstar was working perfectly fine while I had the Remote Start, I would say they were working great together for like 4 or 5 days and then all of the sudden. OnStar is not working and I am hearing a littling hissing noice instead of the Navi Lady. Do you think I should inform Acura that I installed the remote start so they can start looking around there? I didn't really want to inform them cause I didn't want them to be quick to say it was the remote start and that I voided some Warranty and I have to shell out a couple of grand to fix it.....What do you guys think?