Remote Start and Factory Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 10:09 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Remote Start and Factory Alarm

I hope this is the right section, but upon using the search I found most remote start questions here so....

I have an 04 TSX Auto and had a Clifford 3.5 Matrix alarm and remote start installed 1.5 years ago. Haven't had a problem since the install, but did notice something yesterday.

I left my window open and wanted to close it, so I decided to use the key in the door method to roll it up instead of putting the key in the ignition and then rolling it up. It worked fine and no problems until I got back to my car a little later. As soon as I unlocked the car (with the clifford remote) the factory alarm went off. (horn and lights)

Can anyone tell me why that is? I am guessing that the installer hooked up the wrong wires and didn't disable the factory alarm when the Clifford alarm is disarmed? Can anyone give me the proper way to connect the alarm so that the factory alarm can be disabled and enabled from one remote. I THINK if I connect it this way and correctly, it will allow me to remotely roll down the windows with the clifford alarm. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:39 PM
02' 3.2TL-s /w NAVI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont arm your factory alarm using the lock button?
Old 07-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Mobile Elec. Guru

when you locked the door with the key it kicked the factory alarm on. that is why it went off when you disarmed it later on.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:05 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

yeah.....I knew that the factory alarm got enabled with the lock using the key.

But hearing how noisy and annoying the horn sounding really made me want to enable both alarms, since the Clifford one just makes of the standard alarm noises ever ignores now. (the one with the 5 tones that change every 5 -7 seconds...you know the sounds! lol)

Plus if I can tie the two alarms together, I could possibly enable the remote window roll down which is a feature I missed.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 183 Posts
Aftermarket alarms have a factory disarm wire. This need to be connected to disarm the factory alarm. If it not working right take it back.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So what you want is to be able to have the aftermarket alarm FOB also arm/disarm the factory alarm simultaneously?

Yeah. I have my alarm setup the same way as you. The installer didn't disarm the factory. I've also noticed that if I have the drivers door open, and then turn on the aftermarket alarm, it will actually arm both the OEM and aftermarket alarm. The thing that sucks about this, is when I get back to the car I have to press the disarm button on both the OEM and aftermarket FOBs at the same time or else they will trigger one another.

I think an experienced installer will be able to do what you want. At the very least you might be able to ask him how it's done if he's cool. If you find out, tell me.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:30 PM
John Starks - The Dunk

Originally Posted by Tsx536
So what you want is to be able to have the aftermarket alarm FOB also arm/disarm the factory alarm simultaneously?

Yeah. I have my alarm setup the same way as you. The installer didn't disarm the factory. I've also noticed that if I have the drivers door open, and then turn on the aftermarket alarm, it will actually arm both the OEM and aftermarket alarm. The thing that sucks about this, is when I get back to the car I have to press the disarm button on both the OEM and aftermarket FOBs at the same time or else they will trigger one another.

I think an experienced installer will be able to do what you want. At the very least you might be able to ask him how it's done if he's cool. If you find out, tell me.
Funny you mention this situation, because i just tried this at lunch and it happened to me. There has to be a way to do this....hopefully one of the installers on here (cough, elduderino or cough, StreetEffectz or cough Bass Mechanic) can give their expert advice

If I find out, I'll let you know!!!
Old 07-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Mobile Elec. Guru

what you want isn't to enable both alarms, but to have the clifford alarm set off both the siren and the factory horn. Easy enough, just take it to the shop that installed the alarm and ask to get horn honk added, shouldn't cost you more than 20-30.