TL: rear speaker replacement.. bad wiring??

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Told Ya'LL...DYNASTY !!

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
rear speaker replacement.. bad wiring??

sooo, pretty much finally got around to replacing my rear speakers that have been out for a while now.. got the panels off and the speakers in rather quickly.. when i went to test before i put everything back together i learned that i wasnt getting any sound from the rear passenger side.. i swapped speakers to rule out a bad speaker.. and same thing.. so i know both the new speakers work!

dont really know where to go from here to track down my problem.. was never a big audio guy but have been learning as i need to when i need to fix/swap things.. the first shop i brought it too really left a bad taste when it comes to audio installers so anything ive needed to do audio wise since, ive done myself
Old 07-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Told Ya'LL...DYNASTY !!

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
some more info probably be helpful, installing polk co-axials in rear doors.. running off jl amp in trunk.. all of that has been there already so no wiring was messed with or altered... i traced the wiring back from the amp and apparently the audio shop that did the original install ran all the wires back to the front under the head unit and spliced them into original speaker wires at main harness.. kind of makes it difficult to figure anything out...

pic for reference

you can see all the bundled connecters under the rcas, tapped into the old stock speaker wires