RDX: Radio has lost its serial number and codes don't work

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2022, 08:38 PM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Radio has lost its serial number and codes don't work

Hello all. I have performed all maintenance and repairs on our 2007 RDX for many years. A few weeks ago, I disconnected the battery for repair work, but when I reconnected it the radio would not accept the usual unlock code. After repeated attempts and several battery disconnections to reset the number of tries available, I decided to display the serial number of the radio so I could get a verified code from Acura - but the radio has lost its serial number! (see picture).

Anybody have any idea what might be happening? How would the radio lose its own serial number?

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-29-2022, 11:02 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you see "see dealership" across your screen at all

Originally Posted by dsartor
Hello all. I have performed all maintenance and repairs on our 2007 RDX for many years. A few weeks ago, I disconnected the battery for repair work, but when I reconnected it the radio would not accept the usual unlock code. After repeated attempts and several battery disconnections to reset the number of tries available, I decided to display the serial number of the radio so I could get a verified code from Acura - but the radio has lost its serial number! (see picture).

Anybody have any idea what might be happening? How would the radio lose its own serial number?

Thanks in advance.

Time for a new radio is what im gonna do because there was something saying see dealership prior to it happening and i havent seen any other post about this excact problem there $125. Hopefully its a simple setup. Left battery unplugged for a few days and tried agin but nothing.
Old 01-29-2022, 04:09 PM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope - no "See dealership" message.
If I buy a used Acura OEM replacement from eBay and install it, will I be able to activate it with a radio code, since it was previously associated with another car with a different VIN?
Old 01-29-2022, 08:14 PM
Drifting

Received 823 Likes on 499 Posts
This may nelp...

https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

Old 01-30-2022, 01:41 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The website will help with getting the code Ebay does not give the codes i found that on the few different sites that came up they dont give the codes. Good thing the radio has its own serial number dont have to worry about the vin of the vehicle as much. Hopefully this helps.