Question about a few things on a CL-S

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 02:59 PM
2002 CL Type S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about a few things on a CL-S

Hey Guys,
I just got my CL-S yesterday & there are a few things I am having done to it as we speak but need some advice.
My car came with every option available except the Navagation and I am wanting to buy a Navi system to have installed. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am also wanting to have a DVD player unstalled in the headrest for my little boy but I dont want anything that wont match my interior. Does anyone know where I could get a DVD player in a headrest that matches my interior or will they have to cut on mine?
Also would you go with 35% vs 15% window tinting. My eyes are sensitive to light but I live in the great state of Mississippi & they have this stupid rule about the window tinting. Should I risk it?
Old 06-04-2006, 08:18 PM
A clean ride is in

Originally Posted by Brandi
Hey Guys,
I just got my CL-S yesterday & there are a few things I am having done to it as we speak but need some advice.
My car came with every option available except the Navagation and I am wanting to buy a Navi system to have installed. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am also wanting to have a DVD player unstalled in the headrest for my little boy but I dont want anything that wont match my interior. Does anyone know where I could get a DVD player in a headrest that matches my interior or will they have to cut on mine?
Also would you go with 35% vs 15% window tinting. My eyes are sensitive to light but I live in the great state of Mississippi & they have this stupid rule about the window tinting. Should I risk it?
Welcome to the site! You need to post some pics of the ride!!! What color is it?? How many miles?? I would go with 35% all around, and find a nice aftermarket navi. Good luck with the DVD headrest, and tell me where you get it!
Old 06-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Burning Brakes

What color interior do you have? if black then it should not be to hard to find however tan can be tricky
Old 06-05-2006, 01:21 AM
2002 CL Type S

Originally Posted by quad150db
What color interior do you have? if black then it should not be to hard to find however tan can be tricky
Its tan!
Old 06-05-2006, 09:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Metra makes a double DIN kit for the stereo. Just replace the factory heady unit with a Pioneer AVIC or some other double DIN stereo and you'll be in good shape. The AVIC can also play DVD's. As for putting LCD screens in the headrests you need to ask yourself how often you'll even have people in the back.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:31 AM
A clean ride is in

Originally Posted by SpeedyV6
As for putting LCD screens in the headrests you need to ask yourself how often you'll even have people in the back.
I hear you, my daughters getting to where she doesn't want to ride in the back anymore
Old 06-05-2006, 01:08 PM
2002 CL Type S

Metra makes a double DIN kit for the stereo. Just replace the factory heady unit with a Pioneer AVIC or some other double DIN stereo and you'll be in good shape. The AVIC can also play DVD's. As for putting LCD screens in the headrests you need to ask yourself how often you'll even have people in the back.
PJ will be two this month so he will have to be in the back for awhile!
Old 06-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Racer

How far are you from Nashville, TN. I may be able to make you some for the headrests. As far as aftermarket system, I would look at the Alpines, they make awesome stuff, the pioneer avic is a great system. The factory navigation uses Alpine. Just PM me.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:14 AM
Relax!

Unless some things have changed recently, i think your pretty much wrong about everything. Metra does not make a double din kit. A custom one may be made from the single din metra kit (Streeteffectz by the way makes a great one I have one myself - PM him), but a pre-fabbed double din kit does not exist. Also the the AVICs (double dins) do NOT play dvds. You would have to get a seperate dvd player and hook it up to it.

Not tryin to be an ass, just clearing up what I thought to be some misinformation.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Suzuka Master

Are you sure about the AVIC not being able to play DVD's?
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=AVIC
Old 06-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Drifting

well, pioneer has only made 3 double dins. d1 and now d2; z1. d2 is reportedly no dvd playback so i will assume d1 is not as well. z1 does have dvd playback because the introduction of hard drive for nav has made the media slot available for video playback.

double din dash kit is made by a vendor here called streeteffectz. metra and scosche only made single dins.

the best choice is probably a pioneer (nav built-in, no extra unit) and a flipout (supports dvd playback too, screen positioned higher). pretty inexpensive for the features you get and innovative using a shared slot. currently model is a n3 but n2 may also be available.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:02 AM
2002 CL Type S

Originally Posted by AcuraCl1
How far are you from Nashville, TN. I may be able to make you some for the headrests. As far as aftermarket system, I would look at the Alpines, they make awesome stuff, the pioneer avic is a great system. The factory navigation uses Alpine. Just PM me.
Im not too far..I mean Its far but worth thr drive if I could get it done right! Memphis is less than 30 minutes from my house now so it wouldnt be a terribel drive!
Old 06-07-2006, 07:53 AM
Racer

Sent you a pm.