putting the pieces together...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2001, 11:57 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
putting the pieces together...

I'm trying to put all the pieces together. I want to be able to hook a computer to the navigation system. If I understand correctly, I need an RGB decoder to get the video in. Is that all that is required to get a video signal into the system? Is this the best/only option?

From looking at pictures of KenSteele's setup (thanks for the pics, Ken), I think that's what I need. Is this something that I can buy, or is it built?

Once you have a way to get the signal in, how do you get from the Navigation screen/AC screen to your source?

I've really tried to research this in these forums, and I'm just becoming confused. Can somebody pull this together for me, even at a high level?

thanks,

t.
Old 08-31-2001, 06:02 AM
yee
Burning Brakes

I would have to say that you haven't look hard enough...cuz all you need to do is read a few threads down and you will find the topic "Video on My Navi..."...the all time best instruction given ever...
Old 09-01-2001, 02:44 PM
Intermediate

Yee,

I did read that post, and I still have questions. I'm trying to get a better understanding of the overall picture.

If you read my post again, I think you'll see what I'm talking about. Steve's post starts right off with "I got the decoders today..."

I'm trying to understand what the decoders are for. Can you accomplish the same thing without the decoders?

I was hoping to have somebody give an answer like:

"you can use the navigation system for other video sources (tv, vcr, dvd, computer, etc). to do this you have different options.

Option 1 is... The pros of doing it this way are... The cons of doing it this way are....

Option 2 is... The pros of doing it this way are... The cons of doing it this way are...."

If there is a post that gives an overview such as this, please let me know, as I couldn't find it. If not, I would appreciate it if anyone can spell it out like this.