PLEASE post car model in title!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 10:56 AM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
PLEASE post car model in title!

Since we are all now in one big kiddie pool for the time being, it would help greatly if all A/V posts include the car model involved in their title!

Some posts have even failed to include the involved model in the body of the post... put it up top, please.

Mods, feel free to lock this now...
Old 01-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i agree, even in BLACK MARKET. its difficult to figure out what model the poster is talking about.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I also agree...needs to have some marking that tells what car the poster has, even if the poster doesnt say so
Old 01-18-2005, 03:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good point
Old 01-19-2005, 11:34 AM
VP Electricity

bump shicka now now
Old 01-19-2005, 03:07 PM
I may be fat but I'm slow

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Not gonna lie, but this stands out as a reason why we do NOT need to merge these forums...sure, some general audio stuff is the same, but for the most part, we talk about car-specific topics in here. Why should I search through TL, CL, etc stuff to get info on my TSX? Seems to me that in the old system, if I couldn't find the answer I was looking for on A-TSX, I could always go look on A-TL, etc if necessary.

Hate to say it, but seems like this is unnecessary reinventing of the wheel. Not to slam on the admin here, they do a great job for the most part, but sometimes things just aren't as great an idea as they seem.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:20 PM
VP Electricity

My understanding is that they have so much to do in other areas to address their overall plan that the A/V section is, to put it bluntly, more a PITA than anything.

Just the fact that A/V is under Off Topic pisses me off, personally... more people do A/V upgrades than any other mod! How it THAT off the topic? But it's not my site, and it's free, and soopa is tired and doesn't want feedback about what he's gonna do anyway. Maybe there will be model-specific subheadings at some point, maybe not, but if a bunch of tech geeks who used to hang out in the A/V sections bail on acurazine because we're pissy about the changes, I really think that soopa's still gonna sleep like a baby.

Disappointing, because I think that the A/V forum can really attract readers looking for good DIY info and giudance... it seems just as much a click magnet as any forum. Too bad it's seen as a pain in the ass... of course, I probably helped there by arguing in the TSX AV forum, so in that sense maybe it's my fault too...

Regardless, it is what it is, and if it gets better great, in the mean time, seems like a lot of people just don't hit AV any more... se la vi.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:33 PM
'05 TSX SSM/EB/AT/Nav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by elduderino
My understanding is that they have so much to do in other areas to address their overall plan that the A/V section is, to put it bluntly, more a PITA than anything.

Just the fact that A/V is under Off Topic pisses me off, personally... more people do A/V upgrades than any other mod! How it THAT off the topic? But it's not my site, and it's free, and soopa is tired and doesn't want feedback about what he's gonna do anyway. Maybe there will be model-specific subheadings at some point, maybe not, but if a bunch of tech geeks who used to hang out in the A/V sections bail on acurazine because we're pissy about the changes, I really think that soopa's still gonna sleep like a baby.

Disappointing, because I think that the A/V forum can really attract readers looking for good DIY info and giudance... it seems just as much a click magnet as any forum. Too bad it's seen as a pain in the ass... of course, I probably helped there by arguing in the TSX AV forum, so in that sense maybe it's my fault too...

Regardless, it is what it is, and if it gets better great, in the mean time, seems like a lot of people just don't hit AV any more... se la vi.
Seems every thread on this topic gets closed... and I'm sure this one will be too, but I just have to say I agree 100%. In THIS thread soopa said "We've found that the majority of frequent A/V visitors, spent time in the same forum on all communities." and "MOST A/V information is rather generic amongst the Acura brand."

All I can assume from these statements is that I am a very atypical user. I never once looked in any A/V section except TSX. And every single thing I was interested in reading in the A/V section only pertained to TSX.

Another idea I had that I think would solve this debate if the admin(s) are still willing to entertain ideas, would be to have both. Just add a new A/V section to each model car that seems to have an audience for it (I know TSX had an active A/V section). But leave the general one too. Since some A/V talk is general, and some is specific, leave it up to the readers to decide where to post.
Considering the number of A/V threads (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12) in the general "Acura TSX Discussion" forum, I think it would be a welcome addtion.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:52 PM
VP Electricity

bump shicka now now