PLEASE HELP AMP NEEDS POWER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2001, 08:30 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post PLEASE HELP AMP NEEDS POWER!!!

Hey, I need to run the power wire to my amplifier. I dont know where there is a hole in the firewall to do this. I dont want to take apart my dash. I got the LOC hooked up and hid away i got the loc grounded. Now all i need is the remote power write.. which is blue i heard and u tap it. Now that leaves the ground and the power. Where can i ground it.. and how can u run the power. PLEASE HELP!!!
EMAIL: oobirjuoo@aol.com
CELL: 919-389-7778
Old 06-25-2001, 12:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Exclamation

There is a hole you can put your power cable thru on the firewall!

At the very back right side under the hood - opposite the driver you'll see a 2" round hole with a rubber grommet/boot and a few wires going in. That's not the one you're going to use!
Look under that even farther back in the engine compartment - way up in the corner - there is an oval-shapped rubber boot with a mass of existing wires going into it. Pull that rubber boot aside and push you power cable through. It may help to put some silicone lube on the end of your wire to help it get thru the tight space. It's small back there and hard to get your hand in. You may have to remove a small bracket w/ 2 black boxes on it to gain better access.
Now on the inside of the car - look up on the left side of the parking brake pedal and you'll see where the wire comes thru - it's way up there so push plenty of wire thru so you can reach it. Now run the wire down to the floor - under the kickpanel - pull off the door sills and stuff your wire down under the carpet (and padding and other) and run it back and under the back seat to the trunk.

Now for the remote wire - I'm using the remote turn-on lead for the Bose h/u to power my EQ. So for my to amps I tapped into the ACCessory wire that goes the the ACC/Cig lighter plug under the Bose and ran a lead to each amp (but they will come on anytime there is power to the ACC plug). You'll see that wire if you've removed the console pieces. I had it that way until I made a switch panel in the cupholder and added a 30-amp relay. Still using the same ACC wire for the amp turn-on lead to my relay, just installed switches so the amps wouldn't stay on when I didn't need them.
Old 06-25-2001, 07:08 PM
OG

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Mind as well tell you my way:

As for the power wire, there is a plug about 8-12 inches above the accelerator. You can either pop the plug out or drill a hole and pass the power wire through it. Be sure to put in a fuse no more than 12 inches from the battery.

For the ground wire, just sand off the paint on a secure metal part in the trunk until and screw in the groud wire there, no more than 18 inches and make sure the groud wire is as thick as your power wire.

For the remote turn-on wire, if you want your amplifier to turn on and off along with your stereo, you can tap into the blue wire going to the stock Bose amplifier behind the rear seat.

Any other questions, you are welcome to email me.

------------------
Honda-Acura.net TL Forum Moderator.

1999 Silver with factory body kit, spoiler and burlwood instrument cluster and shift knob. Joshua Tree Wood dash kit. Hella air horns. Tint all around. Razo competition pedals. MOMO Sport 18"X7.5" with 225/40ZR Pirelli P7000SS. Weapon-R intake. Comptech springs, exhaust and headers. Inspire Tailights, homemade ram-air and Polarg M-12 front turn signals. Comptech front and rear sway bar. Axxis Metal Master front and rear pads. Mugen front grille. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

My AcuraTL Homepage

NEW: '01 Acura MDX Silver Premium

Front 35% tinted windows. Running boards. Roof rack. Tailgate deflector. Moonroof visor. Rear mud guards. Razo premium white headlight bulbs. PIAA yellow plasma ion fog bulbs. More to come later......

Old 06-25-2001, 08:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Arrow

Originally posted by AcuraTL:
...there is a plug about 8-12 inches above the accelerator.

For the remote turn-on wire, if you want your amplifier to turn on and off along with your stereo, you can tap into the blue wire going to the stock Bose amplifier behind the rear seat.

That's the same hole I'm talking about - and you can use that turn-on wire if you still have your stock sub amp. Mine has been removed.

Old 08-27-2001, 12:55 AM
10th Gear

that hole in the firewall is a BIZMATCH to fish through!!!!
Old 08-27-2001, 08:52 AM
Pro

I just use a metal clothes hanger, cut and straight it out. I then push it through the hole, attached the power wire and pull slowly..... definitely help with some lubricant .....