Pictures of Headunit Removal DIY TSX non nav

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005 | 09:31 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Pictures of Headunit Removal DIY TSX non nav

are there any active links available with this info, all the links in the DIY section are dead, i need pics!
Old 11-18-2005 | 10:35 PM
Banned

What are you trying to do? Other than remove the headunit? What's the intended purpose?
Old 11-19-2005 | 07:32 AM
I spend 2 much time here

Originally Posted by StreetEffectz
What are you trying to do? Other than remove the headunit? What's the intended purpose?

i think there is a loose connection behind there or somewires touching eachother causing engine noise. the reason i think this is because i can easily pull out the compartment below the HU and reach my hand back behind the HU and move some wires to stop the engine noise/alternator whine sound. eventually though it comes back and i am assuming its caused by my car going over bumps which makes the wires move again. i think it has someting to do with a power wire because when i reach my hand back there i can touch one wire ever so slightly and it will cause the Sirius unit to shutoff and turn back on again. its impossible to really see the issue withthe HU in the way, i tried the mirror trick but that didn't seem to work either.
Old 11-19-2005 | 08:10 AM
Banned

Ooooo - You need to pop the piece out around the hazard light button - behind that there is a single screw - when you remove that lower compartment, you will see a screw to either side holding the lower portion in - after you remove those screws, the whole piece pulls out towards you. It's in with pop pins so it will seem a little tight, you need to pry it out nice and easy with a panel removal tool or something that won't mar the plastics.
Old 11-19-2005 | 02:22 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Yep. There is a bolt behind the hazard light
A bolt behind the metal trim on the left side. (You'll have to remove the trim)
A bolt behind the metal trim on the right side. (You'll have to remove the trim)
Becareful with the trim.
Then there are the bolts up underneath when you remove the storage bin.

That's it. Before you go and do this, you should make sure that you actually need to remove the HU. if you just have a blitzsafe/snhond3, then you can actually plug that into the factory HU without removing the HU. The plugs for the AUX is on the bottom of the HU. Just reach up after you take out the storage bin, and you'll be able to feel where it plugs in.

You might want to just try to tape up and/or zip tie the wiring before you try taking out the HU.
Old 11-21-2005 | 08:42 AM
Guinea Pig

Did ya fix it?
Old 12-04-2005 | 09:07 PM
I spend 2 much time here

i successfully removed the Headunit myself without breaking anything in the process. i am very proud of myself for that. i'm trying to take more risks with DYI stuff these days. well after removing the Headunit and checking out the wiring back there i really did not see anything that looked obviously wrong (exposed wires, loose ones etc.) so i wrapped some electric tape around a group of them to tidy some of them up a little and than put the HU back. the strangest thing is that since then i haven't had any issues. no more engine noise either. i feel like as i am writing this i am jinxing myself, which is why i didn't write anything about it more recently, we will see if the issue comes up again, hopefully its all set now though.