Perfect Amp

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2000, 01:59 PM

Question Perfect Amp

I just bought an Infinity Perfect 12.1 and need an amp to power it (around 500wx1 @4ohms) for about $200.
What do you recommend?
I was looking at Hifonics Zeus z600, RF 500a2, or Audiobahn, but I'm still undecided.

Also, I was planning on keeping the sub in a sealed box, but was toying with the idea of a ported box and running the port to the pass through in the rear armrest. Any idea if that would help the bass enter the cabin?

I found a nice CL install and was thinking of positioning my sub similarly. Here's the install: http://w3.sounddomain.com/member_pag...ree=Acura%20CL

Comments, ideas and opinions welcome.
Thanks
Old 09-14-2000, 02:25 PM

I don't have any recommendations for amps but I do have a suggestion for the box. If you have a sealed box in a car, you neeed to put a valve in it so you can equalize the air pressure. Think about the air temperature when the box is built, at that exact temperature, the box will sound it's best. But if you get in your car after a long day at work and it's blazing hot inside, the air temp will be different and will change the air pressure. This causes the sub box to sound dull and won't hit some of the notes it used to. It'll be back to normal when the air temp gets back to normal or a valve is used to equalize pressure. I learned this after putting a sealed box in a firebird. In a hatchback, air temp will hit extremes for the box. Putting it in a trunk will help since air temp in the trunk is slow to change but still changes. Give the sealed box a try and if you do have that problem, it's very easy to add a valve later on.

------------------
-ShaguraTL
------------------
1999 Acura 3.2 TL non-nav
Laguna Green / Fern Interior
Stock...but not for long