Odd question about 01 CL stock amp

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Jaymann107

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Odd question about 01 CL stock amp

I have a 2001 CL and so far I've changed out the stock speakers and headunit for aftermarket pieces and added a 10" sub in the back. I have to say I am very happy with the out come compared to the stock system. But today I pulled out my sub and was listening to the radio and noticed when I fade my radio to the front speakers some bass (bass only no highs) still plays through the back 6x9's. Now I plan on replacing my aftermarket 6.5 coaxials with a set of 6.5 components in the doors (for better mid bass). My question is will the factory amp limit the amount of bass that goes to the front doors making the components bass just as little as the coaxials do? If that is the case I can get rid of my sub and use my Power Punch 360 to push the interior speakers but I feel that my amp is made for subs and it might eat my interior speakers alive.I guess what I would like to know is if anyone here has a set of 6.5 components running on the factory amp. I will appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thanks
Old 06-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Registered CL-er!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jaymann107
I have a 2001 CL and so far I've changed out the stock speakers and headunit for aftermarket pieces and added a 10" sub in the back. I have to say I am very happy with the out come compared to the stock system. But today I pulled out my sub and was listening to the radio and noticed when I fade my radio to the front speakers some bass (bass only no highs) still plays through the back 6x9's. Now I plan on replacing my aftermarket 6.5 coaxials with a set of 6.5 components in the doors (for better mid bass). My question is will the factory amp limit the amount of bass that goes to the front doors making the components bass just as little as the coaxials do? If that is the case I can get rid of my sub and use my Power Punch 360 to push the interior speakers but I feel that my amp is made for subs and it might eat my interior speakers alive.I guess what I would like to know is if anyone here has a set of 6.5 components running on the factory amp. I will appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thanks
first i swapped the stock hu with an aftermarket pioneer. the sound was alot bitter since more power was going to the the stock amp as opposed just signal from the bose hu. the bose speakers would clip at higher volumes so i used the on board x-over which made things better. I was able to fade to front for front speakers or rear with rear speakers.

i just swapped out the bose amp for a kenwood and the sound is better but not best until i replace the speakers.

I say just swap out all the bose gear. u will be happy u did.