New iPod Options: Icelink Plus & MonsterCable iCruze

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 08:17 PM
NBP/EBONY/6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New iPod Options: Icelink Plus & MonsterCable iCruze

http://www.monstercable.com/press/pr..._11_icruze.asp

Icelink Plus

I know there has been some discussion about the two of these, but there hasn't been a seperate thread. Has anybody looked into either one? Basically both of them have the capability of displaying the track name when playing music off of the iPod. I don't know if the Acura HU can display names (i dont think it can), but even if you could get a seperate display (talked about with iCruze), that could be a good option. Any thoughts?
Old 12-06-2004, 08:13 AM
Instructor

Anyone know if the non navi Head unit can display names?
Old 12-06-2004, 04:50 PM
NBP/EBONY/6MT

i don't think it can. It would be cool even if you could mount a display in one of the storage bins.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:36 PM
Instructor

Yeah the only thing that gives iCruze an advantage is the optional display. I'm waiting for this to come out to.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:40 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Are both units the same price?
Old 12-06-2004, 06:44 PM
Banned

Ice-Link is more expensive, but the I cruze dosent seem to be comming out anyime soon...I just ordered the icelink yesterday, if i have it soon ill install and post some pics
Old 12-06-2004, 08:28 PM
NBP/EBONY/6MT

the iCruze was supposed to come out this fall, but i havent heard anything. I'd like to know when so I can decide what to get.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:33 PM
Banned

iCruze sounds good, cheaper too...but my problems are as follows
1) Its still not out, so theres no information on how it works
2) Becuase of lack of information, theres no reason to belive that if it does come out there will be an application for our car
3) Dosent seem to have any kind of harness like the ICElink...

I allready brought the ICElink, should be receving it sometime soon...and ill post the results

BTW, Icelink plus isnt out for our car, only the original application, all the parts together add up to 260$ w/ shipping, Once the plus comes out you should expect prices about 100$ more, if its the same price as for BMWs
Old 12-06-2004, 09:24 PM
Instructor

The iCruze will probably not work with our head units, the only reason I'm waiting for it is the optional external screen.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Snow Trooper

Originally Posted by MemRheins
iCruze sounds good, cheaper too...but my problems are as follows
1) Its still not out, so theres no information on how it works
2) Becuase of lack of information, theres no reason to belive that if it does come out there will be an application for our car
3) Dosent seem to have any kind of harness like the ICElink...

I allready brought the ICElink, should be receving it sometime soon...and ill post the results

BTW, Icelink plus isnt out for our car, only the original application, all the parts together add up to 260$ w/ shipping, Once the plus comes out you should expect prices about 100$ more, if its the same price as for BMWs

Not to hijack the post, but I was on the phone with Dension today to take the mount off my order and was told that the icelinks for our car are on backorder. I found out that the reason is because they do not have any SNHOND3s in stock at the moment and they're not sure when they'll recieve more. You might want to check on that and see what the tell you. Just for reference, I ordered mine on Dec 3rd.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Banned

Edit: Just got off the phone w/ Dension...interesting, ive never listened to Spanish Hardcore Rock while on hold before...And it is Majorly Backordered, they will not be able to send it out untill at least Late Febuary of next year... keep in mind that Febuary of next year is 2 1/2 months away, allmost scared the hell out of me lol
Old 12-07-2004, 11:47 AM
Snow Trooper

Originally Posted by MemRheins
Edit: Just got off the phone w/ Dension...interesting, ive never listened to Spanish Hardcore Rock while on hold before...And it is Majorly Backordered, they will not be able to send it out untill at least Late Febuary of next year... keep in mind that Febuary of next year is 2 1/2 months away, allmost scared the hell out of me lol
Yup, looks like the alternative is to order the I11_Sony icelink and the SNHOND3 seperately.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Banned

Personally Im a little to Lazy to order something else, dont have the car at school anyway so im just gonna wait it out... so im not PWing here, If someone wants to try ordering the Sony icelink and SNhond3 seperately, dont know how much it would cost, ICELINK w/ Stand cost 260$... tell us how it works out
Old 12-07-2004, 10:33 PM
Instructor

http://www.monstercable.com/icruze/s...fo_icruze1.asp

Doesn't look like it will work with the ACURA TSX or it isn't listed.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:38 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah, I got that email too - short survey on the iCrize. They also do not list the Accord after 2002, so they really don't think it's supported yet.

Hello, icelink!
Old 12-07-2004, 11:56 PM
Instructor

Yeah looks like I'm going to have to stick with ice-link to, too bad its back ordered till february!!
Old 12-08-2004, 02:10 AM
NBP/EBONY/6MT

This is the interface for the Monster iCruze system. It connects between your factory car stereo and the iPod®. It's small enough to fit in the dash behind the stereo and has no wires to cut or splice. If you have an Alpine® brand stereo with M-Bus CD changer compatibility, then you have everything you need already in the iCruze package.
Factory stereos typically require an Interface Cable and/or interface module between the iCruze and the stereo. The iCruze Configuration Guide will quickly and easily show you what your specific vehicle requires.
It seems like they can make it work, they just need to develop an interface cable for the TSX. I signed up for updates when its available, so ill keep everyone posted.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:24 PM
Racer

anyone call up monster to ask about compatability? anyone get the icelink plus and see if the song titles will actually appear on the navi screen? im going to hold off on this until someone is brave enough to try it out
Old 12-09-2004, 10:45 PM
Instructor

Ice link will not display on the navi screen and either will the iCruze. The TSX does not support CD text so the only way for this is happen is for the unit itself to be programmed allow to allow CD text, which I don't think is possible. However the iCruze does allow for an external screen to be installed to display song info and stuff. I think I'm just going to get the Ice-link Plus and make the ipod visible somewhere, too bad its back ordered till february or something.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:14 AM
Racer

what luck.... are we sure it cant display cd text though? i know it wont display info from the stock mp3 player but doesnt it display song name/info for xm (at least 2005 models). how definite are we? probably just have to wait another week until the icruze comes out and someone tests it. im going to hold onto my blitzsafe until then just in case its needed. but by the looks of the icruze diagram, it wont be needed
Old 12-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Instructor

Maybe the 2005 model can display cd-text not sure on that one. But I had the impression that the 2004 head unit could not display cd text from the cd player or the stock mp3 player. That is a good question though, wonder if the 2005 can!!!
Old 12-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Racer

has anyone received or purchased the icruze or icelink plus. does out navi unit display the text or songs?
Old 12-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Racer

WHY is the damn icruz still not released? according to the countdown clock on the website it should have been released about a week or so ago, and just yesterday I checked and it says 9 more days... ??? anyone get the icelink plus installed yet to see if it displays text on the navi screen?

damn, im full of questions today
Old 12-28-2004, 11:27 AM
Instructor

I'm not sure if this helps, but the '05 TSX non navi head unit can display XM info with song and artist, so It might be able to display text. But I don't know and I don't have a cd that has cd text built into it.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:47 PM
6th Gear

Same here waiting for one with TSX with NAVI. has anyone figuered out how they are going to hookup with the NAVI or are we going to have to do splicing on our own
Old 01-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Got my ICE-link yesterday - no longer on backorder. Anyone have tips on removing center console?
Old 01-04-2005, 11:36 AM
6th Gear

just held in with pressure jsut pull carefully. Do you have NAVI
Old 01-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Racer

its the best thing about the car; just pull it out. it seems to be easiest to pull it out if you have the console door open and you can just use that to hold onto. be careful that you dont pull so hard and rub it against the plastic on the dash bc it will scratch. also id suggest just taking a towel and wrapping it around the entire thing so when its sitting there, its not rubbing on any trim and causing scuffs and scrapes. good luck, and let us know how it goes. im DIEING to see if the song titles will show upon the screen. navi?
Old 01-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Safety Car

I am non-Navi. I can get the bin out but can not get the console trim (around shifter) to release from the clips. I am positive the song names will not appear on the Navi screen.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Racer

im assuming you want the console trim around shifter out because your going to run a wire to your glovebox? I wouldnt (personally) dare do that as i have had nothing but rattle experiences in other cars once i tampered with any trim. I did however run a wire from behind the console to the armrest without taking anything out but the power outlet in the armrest console. it was a monster itunes cable too. its just a matter of sticking the cable to the outside of the console trim near the footwell, running it alongside the trim, up where the armrest is, and then just use some tweezers to pull the wire up through the opening where the power outlet is. then all you have to do is run alongside the wire and stick it up into the console area that its hanging alongside. pretty easy if I can do it and i have NO savy when it comes to tampering with trim etc.

i wouldnt be so sure as everyone says about the no text issue. i cant imagine how everyone says it cant display text just bc of the factory mp3 player, yet the 05 models with xm can display song title/text... makes no sense to me seeing as how a nav screen in general displays text such as 'cd 1, track 2' etc. ill wait until someone can defineatly verify that its not possible.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mrcenzo
im assuming you want the console trim around shifter out because your going to run a wire to your glovebox? I wouldnt (personally) dare do that as i have had nothing but rattle experiences in other cars once i tampered with any trim. I did however run a wire from behind the console to the armrest without taking anything out but the power outlet in the armrest console. it was a monster itunes cable too. its just a matter of sticking the cable to the outside of the console trim near the footwell, running it alongside the trim, up where the armrest is, and then just use some tweezers to pull the wire up through the opening where the power outlet is. then all you have to do is run alongside the wire and stick it up into the console area that its hanging alongside. pretty easy if I can do it and i have NO savy when it comes to tampering with trim etc.

i wouldnt be so sure as everyone says about the no text issue. i cant imagine how everyone says it cant display text just bc of the factory mp3 player, yet the 05 models with xm can display song title/text... makes no sense to me seeing as how a nav screen in general displays text such as 'cd 1, track 2' etc. ill wait until someone can defineatly verify that its not possible.
When you say use tweezers to pull the wire up where the outlet socket is how do you get the tweezers to hold the wire from inside the glove box/center console? I don't see how to get the connectoer from outside the glove box to the inside via the power socket. Any details gratly appreciated. If I can do this without rmoving trim then so be it.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:10 AM
Safety Car

Installed my ICE-link this past weekend. I do not like the Dension UI so I elected for the iPod UI. Sound is great; I have mine hidden in the center console. No text display on the HU though.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:35 PM
When HONDA was KING

Cool 2005 Text Display?

Originally Posted by dailo
Maybe the 2005 model can display cd-text not sure on that one. But I had the impression that the 2004 head unit could not display cd text from the cd player or the stock mp3 player. That is a good question though, wonder if the 2005 can!!!

Does anyone have this setup yet?
Old 01-20-2005, 01:12 PM
When HONDA was KING

Angry Icelink Not Ready For 2005 Tsx

Just Tried To Buy The Icelink Plus For My New 2005 Tsx, And Was Told That There Was No Application Ready For The 2005 Model, As They Have Not Tested It Yet. I Asked What Would Happen If I Ordered Off Their Website (they Offer It There), And They Said They Would Call To Cancel The Order.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:48 PM
3rd Gear

Navi option hopefully coming soon

http://www.dension.com/main.php?page...opid=42&pid=51

Brand new for 2004, the Densionscreen>Link lets you access the music stored on your Dension DMP3A 3.5" hard disk MP3 player or iPod through your vehicle's A/V or navigation system (factory fit systems may require an additional A/V auxiliary input adaptor).

An easy-to-use browser is combined with a user-customisable playback display that shows ID3 tag information and even Album Art!

Control your DMP3A or iPod via infra-red remote control. If you have an aftermarket screen that came with a remote control, in most cases this remote can be used to control the screen
Old 01-23-2005, 12:09 AM
Instructor

The adapter that comes with the Ice-link doesn't support navi right, I'd have to buy the honda y cable accessory to hook it up to the navi?
Old 01-24-2005, 09:35 AM
Racer

has ANYONE installed the monster icruze or icelink plus with a navi version to see if you can see the track number/name on the screen yet?
Old 01-24-2005, 10:45 AM
honk not beep

Originally Posted by 12vlt
http://www.dension.com/main.php?page...opid=42&pid=51

Brand new for 2004, the Densionscreen>Link lets you access the music stored on your Dension DMP3A 3.5" hard disk MP3 player or iPod through your vehicle's A/V or navigation system (factory fit systems may require an additional A/V auxiliary input adaptor).

An easy-to-use browser is combined with a user-customisable playback display that shows ID3 tag information and even Album Art!

Control your DMP3A or iPod via infra-red remote control. If you have an aftermarket screen that came with a remote control, in most cases this remote can be used to control the screen
very interesting.. you can use the avelectronic device to hook this in for our acuras
Old 01-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Racer

not to do some voodoo and resurect this thread... but has anyone else installed a monster icruz or new ice link to a navi tsx to see if it allowa text (in a 2004 or 2005). anyone try both and decided which might be superior or if they have the same sound quality?