Need partner to replace stock sub....read!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 09:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Need partner to replace stock sub....read!!!

I need a partner in crime for this...
I'm planning to upgrade my stock TL sub with the Kicker RMB8 like Dr. Cookie....(for more info, do a search on this thread)

Anyways, they sell these in pair..of course, we only need one. So I'm trying to find another person to slit it with. Best price I've found is $129 plus shipping...so around $80 shipped to your door (one speaker). If you're interested, please let me know.

P.S. I was originally wanted to get a separate sub/box and amp. (the right way)...something like JL audio 10w3 and a 500/1 amp but damn, it's too expensive...something like high $600 with a box. And i only wanted to have a little more bass..so the kicker RMB8 and a cheap amp will do for me. Again, if you are interested in it, let me know..we will slit the cost of this RMB8.
Old 07-21-2002, 10:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Here is the original thread from Dr.Cookie....with the mod on the TL sub. Let me know if want to do it.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=37582
Old 07-22-2002, 06:21 PM
Advanced

A JL 8 maybe??

You can fit a the JL 8IB4 free air in the stock location, and you may have much better sound from it. The only stipulation is you must cut away part of the "grill," which isnt hard to do because it seperates from the housing that holds the speaker grill and the back up light. Once you shave the ring on the grill, you have almost 4 1/2" to play with, but you will need to make a spacer so that it can fit within that 4 1/2"s. Or you can wait for me to get off my @ss and post the how to on removing the torsion bars for a gass strut.
Old 07-22-2002, 11:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: A JL 8 maybe??

Originally posted by splitz
You can fit a the JL 8IB4 free air in the stock location, and you may have much better sound from it. The only stipulation is you must cut away part of the "grill," which isnt hard to do because it seperates from the housing that holds the speaker grill and the back up light. Once you shave the ring on the grill, you have almost 4 1/2" to play with, but you will need to make a spacer so that it can fit within that 4 1/2"s. Or you can wait for me to get off my @ss and post the how to on removing the torsion bars for a gass strut.
I assume that you have NOT installed the JL 8IB4 at stock location yet...because it will NOT fit. Stock location will take a 2" depth sub (BLOSE sub, excuse me, BOSE..which is 2"). The Kicker RMB8 is 2.25", and you would need a spacer already.

The JL 8IB4 is 5.4" mounting depth...there is NO WAY IN HELL it will fit in there without removing that torsion bar.... NO WAY!
Besides the fitment issue, the RMB8 is well below 1/2 the price of the JL8IB4. I have not listened to the JL 8IB4 and it might sound better, but considering the costs and the amount of time/effort you will have to make it fit (if it does fit), I'll settle for the RMB8 as of now.