Need help. Blitzsafe hon/alp dmxv1 and 6 disc in-dash changer not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 02:16 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help. Blitzsafe hon/alp dmxv1 and 6 disc in-dash changer not working

Hi everyone,

I have a 03 Acura TL Aspec (with an in-dash 6 disc changer) and I tried to install an Alpine S634 changer (just bought about 2 weeks ago) with the blitzsafe Hon/Alp dmxv.1, but it did not work. When I press the CD button (twice) on the head unit, the head unit displays only CD1 (on the left of the display) with no other information. There is no sound coming out. None of the other buttons work. When I press the FM button for example, the HU just displays FM1 (on the left of the display). Same with the AM button. When I unplug the blitzsafe adaptor, a few seconds later, the radio started to work again. On occasion (maybe 1 out of a 100) when pulling the blitzsafe in and out of the unit, it works. And when it does work, it will not work after I switch the car ignition off and back to on.

Does anyone have any idea why this is so?? I have a friend (car audio installer) who said that blitzsafe does not work for the 03 Acura TLs or CLs that has 6 disc in-dash changer inspite of what blitzsafe said. Is there a difference between the US in-dash 6 disc changer and the Canadian in-dash 6 disc changer? My in-dash changer, I believe, is made by Pioneer

Has anyone actually got this combination (03 tl-s 6 disc in-dash changer and blitzsafe hon/alp dmx v1 and alpine s634 changer) to work?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The adapter will work, I have one for my XM. I am not sure about your exact configuration. I know there were some specific instructions when adding the adapter.

The US ones say Bose on them.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:50 PM
Advanced

Yup. Mine says Bose on them as well. Anotherds, you mentioned that you had one configured for XM. Does this mean you have the Blitzsafe Hon/Alp dmx v.1D? I was trying to install the Hon/Alp dmx v.1 (without D). You also mentioned about specific instructions about the adapter. Do you know where I can get the instructions?
Old 12-25-2005, 10:09 PM
Advanced

Sorry I don't know the solution but I had a similar problem with using a PIE adapater on my TL-S. I think PIE is essentially the same as blitzsafe. When I pushed the cd button twice nothing happened. After browsing some forums I found that my HU looks a bit different from others (the LCD has a different layout) which made me believe that my head unit is not the type that works with an external cd-changer adapter. The site that I bought the adapter from warns that it does not work with factory built-in cd-changer. But after reading that so many people had no problem with it using the push twice cd-button procedure I decided to give it a try, and it failed. I guess I wasted $60. I ended up getting a tape deck adapter at radioshack. That works fine if you don't mind a bit of wire hanging out. The sound quality is good enough for me.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:16 AM
03 ABP TL-S

Your problem might be that it is HON/"ALP" DMX V.1. I'm not sure but if you have the external Alpine CD changer that may be why it does not work....I purchased Blitzsafes HON/"AUX" DMX V.1 & no problems........Call Blitzsafe and explain your problem and see if you could exchange it??????
Old 12-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Advanced

Thanks.. I guess calling blitzsafe is the only option for me right now.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:24 AM
Advanced

Well, everyone, blitzsafe Hon/Alp dmx v.1 did not work for me, but I bought Soundgate interface and it works. I am sticking with Soundgate
Old 01-07-2006, 01:43 PM
4th Gear

You need an adapter

I think the problem is that the S634 is not an M-Bus changer. You need an adapter for that to work properly. The adapter model # is: Alpine KCA-130B Ai-NET to M-Bus Adapter

The adapter can be seen here: http://www.logjamelectronics.com/alpinekca130b.html

Costs about $15.00

More info can be found here: http://www.logjamelectronics.com/blitzhonalpdmxv1d.html

That should set you up. I have a 2002 TL-S with the HON/ALP DMX V.1D adapter and it works fine. The Alpine CHM-S620 changer I have sounds as good as the in-dash if not better.

Good Luck.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Advanced

I do have the Alpine KCA-130B adaptor connected between blitzsafe and the Alpine S634 changer.

I have seen many postings that Blitzsafe does work on tls with nav or single cd player, but did not see any comments on how blitzsafe works on 6 disc in-dash changer without Nav. I guess it may be that people with 6 disc in-dash changer do not see a reason to add another external changer. The problem with my factory changer is that many times I get ErE1 and my cds get stuck in the changer. I couldn't stand the factory changer problem any longer and that's why I decided to go with an aftermarket changer.

Well... my friend who is a car audio installer warned me about Blitzsafe not working for my factory in-dash 6 disc changer, but I was hoping that he is wrong. Well... I learned the hard way.

Anyways... good thing I tried Soundgate. This works perfectly. I have already used this for about 1 week and it's great. Does anyone want my Blitzsafe Hon/Alp dmx v.1? But I cannot guarantee that it will work since it did not work for me.