need a GOOD audio place in NYC

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005 | 05:22 AM
Intermediate

need a GOOD audio place in NYC

This is my situation, I took my car to PNA in queens to have my stereo system installed, and since it has been done, it has been nothing but a headache. The equipment I have to sum it up is 2 Planet Audio Amps, and I replaced all of the factory speakers with mb quartz, including the components. I have terrible feedback from my speakers, that has gotten so bad, 3 months after the installation, that I have not been able to listen to my radio, I had to hit the amp cut off. I always had feedback since it was done, and I took it back and forth about 4 times, and they could never solve it. I asked them that they not use the LOC's, but they insisted on it. Also, on top of this, they sent my front signal to the rear, and my rear to the front, so when my navigation speaks, it comes threw the subs, and I can't even hear it. I was so fed up with this place, that I would rather pay somebody else to fix it, because they are obviously a bunch of idiots. My car is also manual, and originally, they put the LOC's right next to my stick shift, and the wires came out after a couple of days because of all of the movement over there. This place is just terrible in my opinion, and would not recomend it to any one. They are supposed to be one of the best places in queens, but they absolutely suck, and they have such a good reputation because they make things look neat. Any way, I need to know where I can go to have this taken care of once and for all. I want to go to somebody who has experience with this car, or know what they are doing. I also have other mods, but I doubt they would have anything to do with this problem. I had another shop install the converter for my nav screen to play video, which is wonderful. I play DVD's through a player that was put where the storage bin is. I get my sound through a sdnond, and I have an Ipod connected through the DVD player through rca's. I also have TV's in my headrest in the back, and I would like to install a video amp, which I have, so somebody that is familiar with all of this is what I am looking for. I look forward to any posts at all. Thanx!!!!
Old 06-29-2005 | 08:22 AM
Banned

Sorry to hear about your dilema - if you are willing to travel into NJ, we can most certainly take care of any problems you have and straighten out anything that needs attention. You can send me a PM or email me direct, streeteffectz@streeteffectz.com to set up an appointment. My name is Ron.
Old 06-29-2005 | 06:22 PM
Instructor

I would strongly recommend Brooklyn Best Audio. they are craftsmen/artists when it comes to car stereos. Ask for Marco. They did wonderful work on several of my cars, including my new TSX
Old 06-29-2005 | 08:51 PM
El Presidente

Originally Posted by quintno
I would strongly recommend Brooklyn Best Audio. they are craftsmen/artists when it comes to car stereos. Ask for Marco. They did wonderful work on several of my cars, including my new TSX

Old 06-29-2005 | 11:48 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

a good audio shop that wont rip you off doesnt exist in NYC. my suggestion, make the trip to Streeteffectz, they will do you realllllll good
Old 07-01-2005 | 08:56 AM
sexier than the sexiest

Go To Exotic Down On Atlantic Their Shit Is Ridcilous
Old 07-04-2005 | 02:20 PM
Banned

where are they located ?-
Old 07-04-2005 | 10:51 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by StreetEffectz
Sorry to hear about your dilema - if you are willing to travel into NJ, we can most certainly take care of any problems you have and straighten out anything that needs attention. You can send me a PM or email me direct, streeteffectz@streeteffectz.com to set up an appointment. My name is Ron.
how much you charge for Front & Rear good Sound Speaker plus the sterio which l will buy it myself quate me the price thanks
Old 07-04-2005 | 11:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NYCdesiPola
how much you charge for Front & Rear good Sound Speaker plus the sterio which l will buy it myself quate me the price thanks
That all depends - do you plan on just running these speakers off a new headunit or do you plan on amplifying them? Also, what type of headunit are you buying? What car?