my rear speakers are all out

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 12:05 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry my rear speakers are all out

I haven't had much of the problems that I have read in the forums of the TSX. I love my car and dont want to let it go. First it was my squeaking brakes that I had t bring to the dealer 4 times and still the squeak is there. Not as much but still there. Now this happens my speakers are out. I'm driving home for work playin a CD at 20-22 and all of a sudden I noctice my music was lower.I start to smell something funny and now my subs and the two rear door speakers are out. WHHYYY! I love to listen to music in my car and its out. I only have the front speakrs on. Called my dealer service department and there goin check it out on Thursday. Is this under warranty or am I goin to pay for this.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:53 AM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ouch. Gotta be a fluke. Mine sit around 30 quite often without a problem. My brakes squeak a lot also when I first start driving the car then it goes away.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:41 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Somebody else blew their rear speakers and they were replaced without hassle under warranty.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Wow...20-22...30!!

How do you guys not blow out your ear drums?? My regular listening level with the windows closed is 10. It goes up to 11 with the sunroof vented. 13 max when listening to radio on freeway. 17 with windows down. Damn...you guys are nuts.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:09 PM
Master in Science

Originally posted by CGTSX2004
Wow...20-22...30!!
18-24 all the time. And I have an amp & sub...
Old 05-23-2004, 11:44 PM
Advanced

Lar27 you sound exactly like me!!!! I've had the same problems. My rear speakers are out and the radio sounds like CRAP!!!!! so frustrating. Im bringing it in to the dealer and i'll let you know what happens? DID you bring in your yet. Oh yea what happened with your brakes? WHat did they do for you?? My rotors were cut, then cut again!! Then replaced and then the pads replaced!!! Brakes on this car SUCK BAD!!!!!
Old 05-24-2004, 01:33 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally posted by slo007
18-24 all the time. And I have an amp & sub...
Wow...I must just have very sensitive ears. I can't take it when the sound is much higher than 17.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:59 AM
Jewdacris!!

Please let us know what happens with your speakers.

On a side note, does anyone have a lot of "farting" coming from thier speakers. My rear speakers sound like thier is a tear in them, but it only happens when the windows are open and their is wind blowing through the car, is that normal?

As far as breaks i took my car to the dealer they did somethings and said a little squiekage is normal. But they still skeak after the dealer trip.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:06 PM
9th Gear

Im bringin it on thrusday hope they fix them good. With my breaks they replace the pads. it stop squeaking for a while and now they squeak. I was told by a mech. that if I change the pads you have to change the rotors too. I guess i got to do this to get the squeaking noise. not to good considering that this is a Japanese made car
Old 05-25-2004, 08:12 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
i have mine at 40 half the time and i have all new amps. actually tomorrow i'm having them turn the gains up some more on my amps so that i can get some more loudness. some cds that i have don't play very loud. on better quality cds my system is loud as hell though. i'd turn the gains up myself but it's a bitch dismantling all the boards that hold up and hide my amps.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:22 AM
Burning Brakes

guys, cars have brakes, they arent broken yet if your car breaks take it to the shop.
just FYI
Old 05-26-2004, 09:07 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 05-27-2004, 11:28 PM
Advanced

Well i brought my white beauty in today for service of the broken stereo.... And they say they are gonna have to replace the head unit, maybe the nav as well. They said they can't find anything wrong with the outputs. Lar27 I'm curious to hear what happened to you???? PLease post!!!
Old 05-30-2004, 12:08 AM
9th Gear

Ok update on my situation I brought my car in got a 2004 TL loaner very nice car, anyways came back and they couldnt figure out wat was wrong. They said they would replace everything with new speakers but woudl have to order to parts first. They said it would take five days to get. Hopefully they dont mess up anything. I'll keep u guys upeated with the results
Old 05-30-2004, 08:31 AM
Keeping emos out of

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have mine at 40 half the time and i have all new amps. actually tomorrow i'm having them turn the gains up some more on my amps so that i can get some more loudness. some cds that i have don't play very loud. on better quality cds my system is loud as hell though. i'd turn the gains up myself but it's a bitch dismantling all the boards that hold up and hide my amps.
Jiggaman, how can you stand to have your music up so loud? I start to get a headache if my music is turned up past 20. Though i dont think its from the music, its from my wife slapping me upside the head and telling me to turn the music down
Old 06-17-2004, 08:16 AM
9th Gear

sorry bout the update guys i just got my car fixed after two weeks. Anyways dealers gave me a new amp and now the system working ok. Just wanted to let u guys know.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:52 AM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
[QUOTE=BlackTSX]Please let us know what happens with your speakers.

On a side note, does anyone have a lot of "farting" coming from thier speakers. My rear speakers sound like thier is a tear in them, but it only happens when the windows are open and their is wind blowing through the car, is that normal? [QUOTE]

When the windows are closed, the interior of your car is a sealed box. The speakers are "pushing" against the air pressure inside this sealed box. Also, you almost always have the volume higher when the windows are down, and possibly the bass higher as well (because bass sounds quieter somtimes with the windows down).

When the windows are down, there is no sealed compartment, and no pressure "pushing" against the speakers... so the bass notes you are listening to, at the volume you are listening with, and the bass control setting you are listening at, all conspire to let the speakers "bottom out" - they are reaching their full travel. In fact, those by-nines might be "jumping the gap" - traveling so far that the voice coil comes out of the magnetic field of the magnet. I've heard lots of amps emit "farty" noises on their speaker outputs when a speaker connected to them is bottoming out like that - it's as if you are momentarily shorting the speaker wires together.

This is one of the major disadvantages of "subs" mounted in a rear deck instead of an enclosure. The trunk is too big to serve as an enclosure for by-nines, so the air pressure in the trunk doesn't serve as part of the speaker suspension. (This is why sealed woofer boxes are called "acoustic suspension" designs.)

Don't know if I explained that well or not, and maybe you only care about the fix:

1) Turn the volume down and the bass down. Fundamentally you are exceeding the abilities of the system.

2) Upgrade.

So anyway, not sure if this
Old 06-17-2004, 09:55 AM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlackTSX
On a side note, does anyone have a lot of "farting" coming from thier speakers. My rear speakers sound like thier is a tear in them, but it only happens when the windows are open and their is wind blowing through the car, is that normal?
When the windows are closed, the interior of your car is a sealed box (a really big one...). The speakers are "pushing" against the air pressure inside this big sealed box. Also, you almost always have the volume higher when the windows are down, and possibly the bass higher as well (because bass sounds quieter somtimes with the windows down).

When the windows are down, there is no sealed compartment, and no pressure "pushing" against the speakers... so the bass notes you are listening to, at the volume you are listening with, and the bass control setting you are listening at, all conspire to let the speakers "bottom out" - they are reaching their full travel. In fact, those by-nines might be "jumping the gap" - traveling so far that the voice coil comes out of the magnetic field of the magnet. I've heard lots of amps emit "farty" noises on their speaker outputs when a speaker connected to them is bottoming out like that - it's as if you are momentarily shorting the speaker wires together.

This is one of the major disadvantages of "subs" mounted in a rear deck instead of an enclosure - the air pressure in the trunk doesn't serve well as part of the speaker suspension - it's too big as well. (This is why sealed woofer boxes are called "acoustic suspension" designs - because air pressure is actually part of the speaker suspecnsion in the design.)

Don't know if I explained that well or not, and maybe you only care about the fix:

1) Turn the volume down and the bass down. Fundamentally you are exceeding the abilities of the system.

2) Upgrade (as I guess you are looking to do). But when you upgrade, make sure that you tune your system with the bass on the haad unit at FLAT. You're not supposed to have to turn up the bass except with music that has little of it.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:18 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by BlackTSX
Please let us know what happens with your speakers.

As far as breaks i took my car to the dealer they did somethings and said a little squiekage is normal. But they still skeak after the dealer trip.
I had this problem a couple weeks ago. My car was sitting in my garage for 3 weeks while I was on vacation, in super humid NOVA weather. When I came back and drove back to school (with windows up) my back right door speaker sounded like it was blown. But after some cooler weather, and more driving, the speaker sounds totally fine now, even at loud volumes