MY car died completly had to jump it and now alarm is going crazy!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 01:41 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MY car died completly had to jump it and now alarm is going crazy!

So saterdaY night I drive up to conneticut with my girl for her friends Birthday. We met up with them in front of a nice Italian resturant. After a nice meal we come out and my Clicker would not open to door, so i manully opened it and try starting my car. NOthing no lights nothing, so i go to pop my trunk to get jumper cables. My trunk will not pop. So our waiter comes out and pulles his truck up and has cables, hooks them up. After a couple of tries and about 15 min the car starts but the alarm is going nuts at 1am in this ritzy conn town. Nothing stops the alarm so fiannly after 10 min of alarm blistering I pull the alarm fuse and it stops. I though I needed a new battery but yesterday and today car starts with no problem, I didnt put the horn fuse in yet but will 2night when the shop goes home.
Was it the battery or do you guys think it was something else?

Thanks everyone

BTW this happen about 3 months ago , I fell asleep in my car during lunch break with the radeo on, and I wake up and car is completely dead. Jump started it and nothing till saterday night same thing. The alarm did not go crazy last time though!
Old 12-22-2008, 02:01 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You battery triggered the problem after you reconnect your batter and put your fuses back. All you should have to do is put the key in the door and turn it as if you were unlocking the car and the alarm will stop. As best I can tell its a safety precaution in the event someone was able to start your car without your keys. At anyrate you should be good after that. I recently changed my battery and went throught the same thing.
-Kwame
Old 12-22-2008, 02:41 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Was your battery new when this happened?
I think Im going to get a new battery cuz i Noticed some green fuzzzy stuff growing on the terminals!
Old 12-22-2008, 03:44 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StonedCL
After a couple of tries and about 15 min the car starts but the alarm is going nuts at 1am in this ritzy conn town. Nothing stops the alarm so fiannly after 10 min of alarm blistering I pull the alarm fuse and it stops.
Damn StonedCL

Sounds embarrassing.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:12 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I was actually putting it in when it happend. It sounds like you just have a little corrosion around your terminals... if the battery is chargable then I would suggest cleaning the terminals and going with that... if its your factory battery, like mine was, then I would dump it and get a new one from advanced auto or autozone... I think they are about $65. Regardless "unlocking" your door should solve your issue.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:41 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by nf3d0149ab
Damn StonedCL

Sounds embarrassing.

My girl was really emmbarresed but i'm the type of dude that dont give a rat a$$ what others think so I thought it was funny!
Old 12-22-2008, 04:42 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by kwamew17
Yeah I was actually putting it in when it happend. It sounds like you just have a little corrosion around your terminals... if the battery is chargable then I would suggest cleaning the terminals and going with that... if its your factory battery, like mine was, then I would dump it and get a new one from advanced auto or autozone... I think they are about $65. Regardless "unlocking" your door should solve your issue.
It is a aftermarket battery and i powerwashed the terminals and pluged the fuse for the horn back on and now its working fine@!