Notices

TL: Low volume on speakers

 
Old 01-27-2019, 11:12 PM
  #1  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 29
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low volume on speakers

First things first, I've searched and searched on here and Google and cannot come up with a definitve answer.

I just picked up an 04 TL about a week ago. My radio and everything turns on just fine. My problem is that only my front drivers side speaker plays the loudest. All the settings for my system are centered. It's a stock radio and speakers.
Swiftkicktotheass is offline  
Old 01-27-2019, 11:20 PM
  #2  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 29
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm thinking the stock amp could be bad. Does my problem sound like a symptom of a bad amp or would my speakers not work at all if the amp was no good?
Swiftkicktotheass is offline  
Old 01-30-2019, 08:42 AM
  #3  
Registered Member
 
Bchester6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: O'side
Posts: 521
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Bad amp bro. Classic TL problem.
Bchester6 is offline  
Old 02-04-2019, 12:27 PM
  #4  
Registered Member
 
ifeliciano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Dallas
Posts: 53
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Swiftkicktotheass View Post
First things first, I've searched and searched on here and Google and cannot come up with a definitve answer.

I just picked up an 04 TL about a week ago. My radio and everything turns on just fine. My problem is that only my front drivers side speaker plays the loudest. All the settings for my system are centered. It's a stock radio and speakers.
Dude there is a How to thread in the Audio section of the 3rd Gen TL subforum that shows you how to deal with this issue.

HOW TO: OEM Audio Amp Repair - fix buzzing/noise/no volume!

ifeliciano is offline  
Old 02-05-2019, 07:36 AM
  #5  
Registered Member
 
Bchester6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: O'side
Posts: 521
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by ifeliciano View Post
Dude there is a How to thread in the Audio section of the 3rd Gen TL subforum that shows you how to deal with this issue.

HOW TO: OEM Audio Amp Repair - fix buzzing/noise/no volume!
Just buy a new amp bro. Playing with solder and circuit boards is not for common folk.
Bchester6 is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 04:15 PM
  #6  
Registered Member
 
ifeliciano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Dallas
Posts: 53
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bchester6 View Post
Just buy a new amp bro. Playing with solder and circuit boards is not for common folk.
Figured most peeps here are different folk, hence the link to repair.
ifeliciano is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 08:54 PM
  #7  
Registered Member
 
Bchester6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: O'side
Posts: 521
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by ifeliciano View Post
Figured most peeps here are different folk, hence the link to repair.
Most here appreciate the vote of confidence but it's a bad amp to begin with and it would be easier to replace than fix.
Bchester6 is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
03tlswfl
Member Cars for Sale
8
02-12-2019 06:09 AM
omarlito2q
3G TL Problems & Fixes
3
03-06-2013 11:23 PM
inkonspikuos
3G TL Tires, Wheels & Suspension
2
02-01-2008 03:41 PM
abacusdog
3G TL Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation
5
11-29-2006 10:32 AM
wnplt
3G TL Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation
2
03-30-2006 01:13 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TL: Low volume on speakers


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.