Looking for a good electronics shop in the Washington, DC area for getting an amp ins

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2001, 08:29 AM
DR
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a good electronics shop in the Washington, DC area for getting an amp ins

I would like to get a new amp and speakers installed in my Acura 2001 3.2 CL. Can anyone recommend a good electronics shop in the Washington, DC area for getting this done?
Old 06-28-2001, 12:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i installed my sub amp by myself. the amp to replace the bose and also the speakers in the front, i had circuit city do it for me. they were installed okay, i guess.no complains so far after 2 weeks.

------------------
CL-P....icy white!
moon roof visor: mud guards: genuine acura nose mask: genuine acura burlwood shift knob: polarg m-12 on blinkers: m-4s on internal lamps: m-4 on rear plate lamp: piaa bulbs on road lamps: K&N drop in filter: Catz XLO Driving lights: zaino polish
"i drive it like my grandma....j/k"
Old 06-28-2001, 04:01 PM
DR
9th Gear

ICY, thanks for responding back

Did you install a new power cable from the battery to the new amp? Or did you use the existing cable that the Bose amp was using?

Did you install the new amp in the same location with the sme mounting brackets as the Bose amp.?
Old 06-28-2001, 04:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DR:
ICY, thanks for responding back

Did you install a new power cable from the battery to the new amp? Or did you use the existing cable that the Bose amp was using?

Did you install the new amp in the same location with the sme mounting brackets as the Bose amp.?
</font>
you will definitely want to run a new power cable from the battery. if you're gonna be using 2 amps, 1 for the sub and 1 for the passenger cabin speakers, you'd want to run at least 4 gauge from the battery to the trunk. 18 feet of power cable is sufficient. i had to get a power distribution block to split the 4 gauge to 2 8 gauge wires which i then connected to my 2 amps.

as far as mounting the amps.....theamps i have are kinda bulky and will definitely not fit where the stock bose is. plus, for an aftermarket amp, you'd want more space for heat to disperse. i have my amps mounted on each side of the trunk. i removed the jack on the right side and screwed the amp to the plastic cover for the jack. my other amp is also screwed to the plastic thing on the left side of the trunk. both plastic things on each side of the trunk seem strong enough to keep the amps standing. my set up is definitely far from the "custom made look"...but i don't pop my trunk open and show other people the stuff i have. i just like to have a clean, uncluttered set up and be able to listen to clean, clear, crisp music while driving.

------------------
CL-P....icy white!
moon roof visor: mud guards: genuine acura nose mask: genuine acura burlwood shift knob: polarg m-12 on blinkers: m-4s on internal lamps: m-4 on rear plate lamp: piaa bulbs on road lamps: K&N drop in filter: Catz XLO Driving lights: zaino polish
"i drive it like my grandma....j/k"
Old 07-03-2001, 01:20 PM
DR
9th Gear

Hey ICY CL
I didn’t know that Circuit City sold the Infinity “Kappa” series speakers. Did you buy your speakers from another store and Circuit City installed them? If so which store was it.
I live in Washington DC / Virginia area