Klipsch or Bose

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 10:13 PM
Everybody Wang Chung

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Klipsch or Bose

Would you guys/gals rather have a Klipsch or Bose home theatre system? I personally feel that bose sucks, but I was just wondering.
Old 10-25-2001, 12:36 AM
Pro

i youse to work for all three of the major electroinc retaliers circuit city, best buy , and the wiz. and trust we had many saying about bose; no highs no low must be bose, bose blows, and may others and trust me they suck , ut there the spose approved stereo b/c its small, some women thin its cute, it impresses people who dont know any better. but pound for pound and dollar for dollar a$2000 bose system will sound like crap next to a less expensive but also less decorator freindly system from another manufacturer, when you go to a retail store bose sells b/c of these points but mostly b/c they paid the highest commison and were a easy sell, i would go klipsh all the way
Old 10-25-2001, 02:42 AM
Turn Signals are good!

For the price you cant beat Polk Audio, thats what I have and I continually amaze people with the sound of my dolby digital set-up. But if those are your only 2 choices, definatly go with Klipsch... we all know Bose Blowz!!
Old 10-25-2001, 02:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
another thing about bose home speakers.....they always seem to need so much juice to produce a decent sound volume. i got boston acoustics for my 5 speakers and polk 10 inch pwered sub. i use a sony receiver (not the es model but it does the trick) and i am quite pleased with the sound quality. so...btwn bose or klipsh....i'd pick klipsh.
Old 10-25-2001, 07:57 PM
Everybody Wang Chung

That is what I thought, the reason I asked was my friends dad was talking sh*t on my klipsch RF3's. He just happens to have the bose satelite system or whatever you call those little things. He likes them because they are small and expensive (over priced) so he thinks they are the best.

P.S. I also have a sony reciever (DB 940) and would reccomend them to those of you that don't have a $1,000 bucks for a reciever.
Old 10-26-2001, 08:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Well..

Well IMHO it really depends on the individual that listens to the speakers, what set might sound really good to one person my sound like crap to another. My best advice to anyone is to go test the speakers out for yourself and see what you like, of course as many of us know some of us are physically challenged (hearing impaired as to basically say they couldn't keep a tune to save their life).

One of the things I could never understand is why anyone would buy speakers from say like Crutchfield without hearing them first??

I personally believe the Klipsch would kick the dog crap out of the Bloze, they basically sound so much better when your talking about dynamic sounds. The only problem that I have with Klipsch is the damn price of em' I'll stick with my Infinities, decently priced and sound pretty damned good to me
Old 10-29-2001, 04:29 PM
Instructor

BOSE sucks--in the car and at home. They just have great marketing!

Home audio provides you with a lot more possibilities than car audio. Personally, back in the old days I've always preferered the sound of Klipsch horns, but could never afford them. For home theatre, I'm happy with my "relatively affordable" Definitive Technolgies speakers (BP10's, 12" sub, etc.) for my 7.1 channel system.

However for music, I gotta love Canton's or B&W's , even though they can be pricey. Although there are some really good-sounding B&W's that actually are affordable.
Old 10-29-2001, 08:54 PM

Pick Klipsh, of the 2. But be sure to check out B&W, they will smoke klipsh in clarity and volume. But they can get real pricey real fast.