Kicker amps

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 04:30 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kicker amps

I am thinking about getting a high level audio system for my car. The sony XPLODe stuff just sucks. So I am slowly starting to buy different componants. Originally I am leaving the HU, but in the future I will get the Alpine.

I was wondering the Kicker amps are any good.

Specifically this one: Kicker KX800.4

I am trying to do it on a budget, which I do realize that High level stuff and Budget are not supposed to be in the same post together. But I am just trying to get the best sound quality for my money, which is not too much.

There so many different AMPS out there, that I don't know which one is good and which one is not. Power rating-wise and number wise this seems to be good, but I have no idea about Kicker reputation.

I found Kicker KX800.4 for 285. It will give me 100W per channel at 4 ohms. or 200W at 2 ohms.

What do you guys think?
Old 06-24-2003, 04:38 PM
goldeneye style

kicker overall has reliable products and isnt a bad company at all. you should be much better off going with them rather than the sony xplod stuff. maybe also check out JL Audio's amps theyre very reliable but slightly more expensive. This would be an amp powering speakers or components correct, not an amp for a sub? If so, Kicker, JL, MTX all have amps out that will get the job done for ya... and i guarantee you theyre all better than the sony. the xplod line just plain sux haha.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:27 AM
Advanced

Kicker isn't bad, but they're not known for Sound Quality, they're known for power. Alpine V12 amps are good, Xtant A series, Diamond Audio D5 amps, all are very good on a budget. Just because these will say 50x4 or 80x4 doesn't mean that they won't sound as good or drive the speakers as well as another. From my experience, more power is always better, but these amps can drive just about any speaker that you put in front of them, especially a speaker that you're buying on a budget.