TL: iSimple problem...HDRT not being recognized!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iSimple problem...HDRT not being recognized!!

So far, I have PM'd iSimple yesterday and this mornign I called iSimple's tech support with no response. So I am posting here.

I have a 2008 TL-S with Nav traffic, so I purchased the ISHD571 kit (includes the PXAMG) and also got the HDRT. I installed the entire setup and it worked fine, except I did not run the antenna for the HDRT until last weekend.

While I had everything apart, I decided to update the firmware in the PXAMG to 817b. I reinstalled the PXAMG & HDRT by plugging in all of iPdo & HDRT cables first, then attached the 24-pin harness to the PXAMG. It is not seeing the HDRT at all. It cycles thru the devices iPod, SAT, AUX1, AUX2 (the order may not be right, but it is not seeing the HDRT).

I pulled the HDRT and did the master reset (shorting the larger capacitor) and still nothing.

So my questions (if anyone can answer ANY of these, I really appreciate it!!):
1. Does 817b work OK with the PXAMG and the HDRT module? I tried going back to the original 778b and still the HDRT is not 'seen'
2. What is the bootfix firmware file good for? Should I try loading it to help fix the problem?
3. Is there any way to test if the HDRT is bad? It worked before, but I cannot get it to be recognized now. Is there another test I can do to verify the HDRT? ...or the cable? ...and yes, I was careful about the cable connections.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Cruisin'

wow...no one? really? Including iSimple?

Well this kind of sucks since just the HDRT module costs ~$100. It doesn't exactly make sense to get a replacement module to verify it's the HDRT or not.

A good way to judge a company is not when things work, but when they don't...and how it is then handled. I have got no response from iSimple since contacting them 3 days ago.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:18 AM
Cruisin'

Well, I did get a reply to my PM to iSimple. The usual, "...check the cables" but there was a useful piece of info. I was told to look for a blue light inside the HDRT to show it was powered on. Well, when I opened the unit, I was in for a suprise.

Found the problem: Inside the HDRT there are two boards sandwiched together and held by plastic retainers. They let go and the two boards separated!!!

And of course, I already purchased a replacement HDRT before I got the tip from iSimple. Errrrrrr.