Interested in have'n your TL beep when you unlock ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 04:01 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interested in have'n your TL beep when you unlock ?

G'Day,

I have recently Modified my TL to give a double BEEP when i click the unlock button on the transmitter. Also, i changed the type of beep by replacing the stock piezo buzzer w/ a siren. Sounds like a BMW's stock alarm ships now. I made a specialized Printed Circut Board for this operation and if anyone is interested in buy'n one from me just let me know. thanks,

Marc

P.S.- i'm not selling the siren, just a circut board that you would install in your TL.
Old 08-28-2002, 04:41 PM
Racer

so, will it beep when u hit the lock button once (not twice)?
Old 08-28-2002, 05:02 PM
Cruisin'

Aye,

beep once when locked and twice for unlocked
Old 08-28-2002, 06:18 PM
/etc/car

Can you scan some pics and post them?

Also, perhaps you could help me figure out why my flashers no longer blink when I use the remote...I had a little "mishap" with the bundle of wires above the e-brake...maybe I tore the wire?
Old 08-28-2002, 06:24 PM
Cruisin'

In order to do that SwampGas, i'd have to rip me car apart again to take a pic. Sorry, i haven't a clue why your flashers don't work. I've seen threads on here w/ ppl in the same situation as you are.

Cheers

Marc
Old 08-29-2002, 07:56 AM
Advanced

how hard is it to install.. and how much for the circuit board?

please let me know!
Old 08-29-2002, 11:34 AM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

:wow:

I been looking for this mod pretty longtime. (couldn't find where the buzzer located). Please tell us how much.

BTW we have to replace circuit board in order to beep when we unlock it? How about when we lock it? Does it stay same as factory? (beep once when double click the LOCK)

thanks.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:53 PM
Cruisin'

i made my original board with some other extra's such as an automatic window roll-up, so i'm not sure the price yet for just the unlock chirps. I will let ya know how much soon. Also, i have lost the info from the helms manual that had the locations and colours of the wires i needed. If someone has them please let me know

Cheers

Marc
Old 08-30-2002, 05:26 AM
Pro

I am interested in this too. So your original board had all of the windows close upon arming? What about the sunroof? What is involved in installing this circuit board?

I have the Helm's manual(s) how can I help?

Bryan

Originally posted by SilverSeriph
i made my original board with some other extra's such as an automatic window roll-up, so i'm not sure the price yet for just the unlock chirps. I will let ya know how much soon. Also, i have lost the info from the helms manual that had the locations and colours of the wires i needed. If someone has them please let me know

Cheers

Marc
Old 08-30-2002, 05:09 PM
Intermediate

I'm interested as well. How easy is the install though? I'm mechanically inclined, so...?
Old 08-30-2002, 05:23 PM
Racer

would u have to replace a circuit board or is this an attachment??
1. were does it attach/install .
2. how hard is it do to if u dont know much about electronics
3. price for the baord taht will control windows also??

feel free to call me and let me know, ill buy in hart beat
alex 816-728-0034
Old 08-31-2002, 04:47 PM
Cruisin'

oh hoi,

well some of my buddies are interested in this type of mod for their cars too. so i will quote prices based on what exactly you would like your mod to do.

So far i've come up with designs that will

1. Chrip 2 times upon unlocking with the remote

2. chrip several times when a mild shock is detected and sound the factory alarm when a severe shock is detected. this would only be active when you lock and chirp

3. automatic window - sun-roof roll-up and roll down when armed and disarmed (respectivly)

4. modified chrip (longer or shorter/ louder or softer)

and some other designs that i haven't finalized yet.

I've thought about making a bunch of them so if enough people are interested i will get to work on them soon. So if you are interested just email me marckennedy@ieee.org and let me know.

As far as installation goes, there are 12 wires for the "deluxe" board and for hte most part are easily accesible. the board will have connectors with matching wires to hook up the the appropriate part of the TL. I will try to have some drawings up asap so that ppl who are interested will have a better idea. This the packaging is similar to that of a car alarm, and would fit under the dash.

If anymore questions just post them

Marc
Old 08-31-2002, 05:17 PM
Racer

does this unit need its own remote or can u use the factory one, for instance how will i tell it to roll up my windows when im arming my car?? or what if i want to arm the car but leave the windows down?? how do i use the remote to tel it this, or is that nt an option, it will always roll them up????
Old 09-02-2002, 04:27 PM
Cruisin'

rysky007:

I'm working on a new type of design that will roll up/down the windows based on how many times you hit the lock or unlock button on the factory transmitter.

i am very busy this week and i am putting every free moment into makeing these, so i will have a final desgn and price very soon.

if any other questions just post'm

Marc
Old 09-03-2002, 01:11 AM
Racer

Sounds good, please let me know, im very interested...
Old 09-03-2002, 03:21 AM
/etc/car

Your email address is IEEE.org...you probably invented the TL system to begin with
Old 09-03-2002, 05:31 PM
Cruisin'

just a quick note,

because i have allready had a factory alarm bypass installed i am almost certain that for a person with medioker electronics knowledge to install this kit would be out of the question. The problem is that the igtiontion must momentarilly be turned on and a timer would roll down the windows and roof. a friend of mine doesn't have a alarm bypass installed so i am goin to try and see how his car reacts to this set-up.

For those of you who don't know what a bypass kit is here is a brief intro to it.

your TL key has a chip inside it that is coded. this allows your car to start only with your key and not with a copied duplicate of it.

If anyone is certain that you can power the igntion monentarilly with out interference from the keycoder please let me know.

thanks

marc
Old 09-05-2002, 02:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

not to be rude or anything but with all the options and customization im sure you will charge a pretty penny fopr this mod...it started off cool being a lil mod to make out stock system work better but by the end of this thread your "mod" turned into a alarm......why not just spend the money and get a new alarm...i personally paid 205 for the compustar and that thing has crazy range and all the featuresd you listed plus i can remote start my car,.. reason i got my alarm for so cheap if anyone wants to know is cus i have friend who owns shops and i did the install myself....

JON LERD
Old 09-05-2002, 11:41 AM
Cruisin'

Jon, your right, it started out simple, but a lot of people are interested in having their cars do more than a little beep. Your right, it basically is an alarm only because of the addition of a shock sensor. oh well.

To all those interested, i'm not sure i will be making the mod that will roll up your windows because of the intense install that it requires. I am only going to make a mod that will chirp on unlock, and an optional shock sensor and a "ONE" touch control for the sun-roof. I'm sure that you have seen that done in another thread, but this in my opinion is a better design and does not use an expensive timer relay. This would be all on one printed circut board housed inside a 2.5x3.5x1.2" Box that would fit snugly under the dash.

I will see how much all the parts etc. have cost me and will post a price hopefully by tomorrow evening. Unlike asiankidd (Jon lerd) previosly posted, this will not be an expensive mod. I'm not trying to make a fortune, but with anything i don't want to spend time and resources on this without it being worth my while.

will post tomorrow,

marc
Old 09-05-2002, 04:11 PM
Banned

Marc,

Before you spend the time and effort to make this happen, be aware that anyone selling products on this board needs to get prior approval from the board owner, Tim. Just drop him a quick email at info@acura-tl.com and make sure he's cool with it. I'd hate to have you spend all the time and effort to get this done and then not be able to sell it here.