Installing Blitzsafe into 05 TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing Blitzsafe into 05 TSX?

I'm looking at getting the new Blitzsafe XM compatible adapter (haven't decided on aux or ipod interface yet) to go into my 05 TSX no nav. I've searched the forums, but I haven't found any good instructions, and preferably pictures, of how to do the install. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, as far as running the wires goes, how is the best way to do it? Is it possible to pull the wire up into the center console or dash without having to cut a hole somewhere? I'm thinking my preferred mount would be in the center console, and I've seen pictures of people doing clean installs with an aux jack in the center that looks OEM. Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks for your help!
Old 02-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have not installed the blitzsafe, but i have installed th p.i.e. x3. I believe it is the same procedure. I have an 05 non-nav. The console and the storage compartment pop out. they are only held in by clips. the console piece takes a little wiggling and prying. the ashtray comes out afterwards with 4 screws. you can see the wire from the xm coming from the drivers side up to the bottom of the head unit. it is a white plug. just unplug that and plug in the new one. the x3 runs them in line because it allows you to keep the xm. for the switched power I just tapped into the lighter socket. I looked into the blitzsafe but chose the x3 because I wanted to hook up a sirius and an i-pod. I was able to do both, keep the xm and have an additional set of rca's for anything else. you can even plug in a blitsafe i-pod with rca's into to it and be able to charge the ipod also.