iLink on backorder?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Be Yourself: Be Present

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
iLink on backorder?

Hey,

I'm in Toronto. My dealer delivered my car without our agreed upon iLink...He didn't tell me until I asked about it at delivery. He said I'd have to wait until the end of April due to it being on backorder.

Is he full of it?

Obviously I'm going to call him in a month, but do you think this is the beginning of being jerked around?
Old 03-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
que es el iLink?

Is this just MusicLink re-branded? If so, its a POS and you should ask for a refund.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:24 PM

sorry, i meant i-linc
Old 03-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Are we discussing an iPod adapter? If so, Honda/Acura discontinued the MusicLink almost a year ago because of incompatability reasons with the new release of iPods. And because of the notorious "start up" issue that 2007/2008 Honda/Acura models have with such adapters.

Get your money back. There are much better products out there for less money and less hassle. DICE, USAspec and Peripheral are your best options.

If this iLinc that you speak of is just some type of exhaust tip or airborn refueling nozzle please disregard my above comments.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:18 AM

thx for the info uncald4...the thing is i didn't buy it, it was negotiated as part of the buying process...was it discontinued only in the States or North America wide?

Do you think I could ask for the equivelent in cash or have them buy me the DICE? It seems odd that the brochure would still have the iLink and that the sales guy would agree to install it if it were in fact no longer available.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:55 AM
Senior Moderator

AZDJedi, I'd ask for equivalent cash, or a voucher for that much in services for later... a discount on a lip kit installed by them or something else.

The googling I did makes i-linc look just like the "new" MusicLink... it is fraught with problems, and offers only basic functionality compared to units like the DICE and USA SPEC which offer 3x the features for less than 1/2 the price.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:12 PM

Thx Reach...

Does having a Canadian car w/Navi change anything for the DICE? I've noticed alot of threads talking about the XM "trouble"...Since our cars don't have XM radios will anything change? Will my Navi still work, will text still work, etc?

Do you think it's reasonable to ask my dealer to order the DICE R4 and have them install that for me instead?
Old 04-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Senior Moderator

They will never order / install it for you. The good news is that the install is so easy in the TSX it can be performed in 10 minutes with 1 hand tied behind your back, and your best friend just made you drink 6 beers.

I would just try to get them to not install the i-linc and salvage some dealer credit for it. Buy the USA SPEC or DICE and Do It Yourself. Trust me only so far, once you have completed this you'll understand why we encourage you to do so. Its very easy, and very worthwhile!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Reach
They will never order / install it for you. The good news is that the install is so easy in the TSX it can be performed in 10 minutes with 1 hand tied behind your back, and your best friend just made you drink 6 beers.

I would just try to get them to not install the i-linc and salvage some dealer credit for it. Buy the USA SPEC or DICE and Do It Yourself. Trust me only so far, once you have completed this you'll understand why we encourage you to do so. Its very easy, and very worthwhile!
Agreed. If you don't have a friend to force those beers down your gullet.... call us up. Reach and I are professionals.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:29 AM

Ya, but can you "Reach" all the way to Toronto?

I can't find anywhere that lists the price for the i-Linc...I want to get a fair credit from them. If the DICE is $150 and the i-Linc is $300 then maybe I can get some free winter mats with the deal too

whoowhoo

Last edited by AZDJedi; 04-02-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:41 PM

So I called my dealer...Initially he said everything was on back order until May. My best friends' mom works for Honda and she confirmed this...but now he said my i-Linc is ready to be installed; to just come on in and they'll do it.

I said I wanted cash instead, so I could install the DICE (after much research I think this is what I want as opposed to the USA SPECe...no XM, so not an issue in Canada).

He's looking into what I'll get: because it was negotiated as part of my signing deal he said I won't get the full cost and installtion ($280cdn for hardware + 1.2 hours=~$400+tax)

All I care about at this point is getting enough cash that I can get the DICE for free, including shipping. By the way, do you know how much it'd cost to ship to Toronto?

Also, any words of advice on getting what I want from the dealer?
Old 04-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Words of advice for getting what you want from the dealer: Don't tell them you want a DICE! Keep your plans to yourself, just say you've "changed your mind and no longer want the item in question."

Give uncald4 a PM, I think he can sell you a Dice and a nice price.