I am updating my system again.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2001, 10:43 PM
So I am rich, big deal!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am updating my system again.

Ok Streeteffects, you inspired me to redo my system. I felt I had a smooth, powerful, and clean setup. After seeing your install I realized my system was too understated. I am trying to keep a smooth, clean look to my car. I do need a bit more pizazz.

Hence the new system. I am still keeping the factory head unit but am changing out the trunk. Gone are the 2-12" Orion HCCA's and Cadence amp. Gone is the box. My installer is concerned about having enough power from the alt for the upgrade.

I post pics next week when it is done. That may be post-poned, however, if my wife goes into labor.

Pics of the old system can be seen here.http://communities.msn.com/Acuratype...hoto&PhotoID=4

Bye!
Old 10-20-2001, 12:37 AM
Burning Brakes

I think i'm going to cry :(

I remember that's what my car looked like before I got all these damned door dings in it Looking good man, definetly post Pics when you get the mods in it.
Old 10-20-2001, 02:22 PM
Everybody Wang Chung

Were 2 HCCA's not good enough?
Old 10-21-2001, 12:06 PM
Drifting

What do you have for the interiors? If I were you I would keep your amps, and just change the subs to a more SQ sub, and you are set. Cadence are really good amps. I dont see the point of you upgrading to something different.

Spiro
Old 10-21-2001, 12:08 PM
Drifting

Oh BTW. When the Subs point towards the opening of the trunk, You will get A LOT louder bass. I started testing with my setup, and having them face towards the rear seat made me lose a lot of SPL.
Old 10-21-2001, 03:48 PM
So I am rich, big deal!

Originally posted by spiroh
What do you have for the interiors? If I were you I would keep your amps, and just change the subs to a more SQ sub, and you are set. Cadence are really good amps. I dont see the point of you upgrading to something different.

Spiro
I have all MB Quart top line speakers in the car. I do like the Orions but we don't have enough room in the car for the box they need (3+ cu ft)

The Orions are loaners to replace the MB Quartz subs I had that didn't work out.

As far as replacing the Cadence with an Xtant , thats because I wanted matching amps as well as I wanted to run 2 ohms not 1 ohm.

As far as facing the speakers backwards I have posted alot about this lately. I have 2 reasons why I have them facing forward. I need to be able to use my trunk for a stroller (My wife and I just had our first child today!) And the sound quality is better (imo) firing into the car. I don't distort my rear speakers 9the sound is sealed off away from the rear speakers, and I have no body viberations/ trunk / bumper rattles) This is why I have so much power, yes I need more power to get as much bass (again I will have an Xtant (1400+ watts 1 channel D-Class) amp and Xtant Hex Subs.

Also I have a new box in the works. Can you say 4th order?! Wait till next week!
Old 10-23-2001, 09:13 AM
"v1 saved my ass ......."

Hey, if you are looking to get rid of any of that stuff email me aroussos@chillstudios.com

AdamR