HU Inquirey!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 08:58 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HU Inquirey!

I am thinking about getting the pioneer FHP8800, it's a double din radio that has cd, tape and tuner in one, and it looks very clean, not very congested, i wish i could post a pic of it, but just do a search on the net for it, it really beautiful!
I was just wondering if anyone has one, or there thoughts on it!

try this
http://store5.yimg.com/I/adnet1_1725_343090
Old 02-07-2003, 09:01 AM
Racer

ewwww..yuckyucky..lol i was about to buy that headunit...but the guy at the store told me it wasnt worth the money...for the same price u can buy something alot better then that
Old 02-07-2003, 11:09 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
man you could not pay me to put pioneer back in my car... dont do it...
Old 02-07-2003, 12:29 PM
Burning Brakes

If you are looking for double din, Kenwood makes some great ones. I had a DPX-4010 and a DPX-5010. They are outstanding units. I had no complaints whatsoever on them.
Old 02-07-2003, 03:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
whoaH!! wait just a sec here. I know we all have our favorite brands of car audio but before you start bashing Pioneer I have to throw my 2 cents in here. I have a Pioneer Premier DEH-9300 and its absolutely phenomial. It has a very clean layout, very clean sound, full DSP functionality, built-in EQ with automatic leveling, plays MP3s and WMAs, and 6 VOLT pre-outs to boot. I paid about $550 for the unit and bought it the very first day it came out on the market last year. It has been worth every penny.

The factory TL head is made by Pioneer and its really not a bad unit. Its the BLOSE speakers that make it sound lame. Remember, any audio system is only as good as its weakest point. There are zillions of people on this site that have used LOC adapters off their factory Pioneer head units, added amps, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, replaced the speakers and have come up with very good sounding systems....

As for that particular model that was being asked about at the beginning of this thread, its an ok unit and a bit pricy for what it is. If you a really looking for a double DIN unit then its not a bad choice, but for my money you should consider a head unit with DSP, which i dont think that model has.
Old 02-07-2003, 03:57 PM
Burning Brakes

ok i will say it again.. pioneer sux... and f pioneer... i have owned 2 pioneer headunits in my life and both have been nothing but problems.. i had an older pioneer cd player and they thing broke shortly after i got it... then last year i had a avx-p7300dvd (indash 7 in tv and dvd combo) and that unit broke 3 times while i had it... my friend wanted it after i got it back from pioneer the last time so i gave it to him and he has had to send it in for repairs twice in 3 months... plus pioneers customer service sux... when i would call them to set up sending my unit in they would basically treat me like i was a piece of sh!t... and give me an attitude when i call in for status... the 1st time i sent the unit in for repair they had it for 3 months before they even stated working on it... i dont know about you but that is now how i want to be treated after i spend over $2000 on pioneer equipment... and now after the unit has been sent in 5 times the warranty finally ran out and pioneer is basically tell my friends oh well there is nothing i can do... hummm if that is the type of people you like to spend your hard earned money with then go ahead but me personally i like to spend my money with someone that appriciates my business...
Old 02-07-2003, 05:41 PM
Burning Brakes

shawhite.....do not sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel, hehe.

I have never had pioneer but, I have not heard alot of good things about them. I would be a little ticked if I got treated that way after dropping 2 grand. When I had problems with my Eclipse, they bent over backwards to help me. I had it gone and back in 2 weeks. I am not sure about Kenwood CS but, I would recommend the units above. I thought they were great. One had a motorized face, the other just a fold down. Cool thing was, you had to put the face down to see the cassette. They look like big faced CD players.
Old 02-07-2003, 08:42 PM
Burning Brakes

yeah eclipse is good sh!t... i would have loved to get the 7301 to put in the acura but decided to go with something a little more custom looking..
Old 02-07-2003, 09:33 PM
Burning Brakes

I tried like crazy to find a good price on a 7301. I love that unit. I would love one in both vehicles. Thing is, I got my $1,200 screen for $500 brand new so, I did not have the cash for the 7301. They are awesome however.
Old 02-10-2003, 02:40 AM
Advanced

i wonder anybody here actually used that exact unit. I have. I had that unit on my Accord and I miss that unit for sure- it sounded very nice even on stock honda speaker. I guess it is partly thanks to the fancy feature such as EQ using its own microphone.
Once in a while I think about using that one in my TLS, but
I don't want to wreck the integrated look- and it's also very
hard to find a nice plate to match in our TL. I wonder if they
still make one- and I also find that double din are not so
popular- i guess people rather buy two single din units-
one for radio/cd and the other for LCD screen.