Help with stereo problems!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 11:38 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help with stereo problems!

I have 2003 CL 3.2

So I got an iCruze today and installed it. When I start the car, I enter the anti-theft code and the stereo turns on fine. However, when I start up the car, the radio is really fuzzy, as if the antenna is not working. Also when I switch to the iCruze, it turns on, then on the CD player display it says 'EEE' and then starts to say Code after a little bit. I try to enter my anti-theft code and it doesn't work. Then when I unplug my iPod and turn on the system to the radio or a CD and enter the code, it works fine. Anyone have any ideas of why this is happening? Is there another code I have to enter? Any one have similar problems in anyway? It would be a great help if you could let me know. Thanks
Old 06-24-2005, 07:54 AM
3rd Gear

I recently bought the same Icruze unit and have the same problem. I thought it might be my photo iPod but asked to borrow my friends 4G iPod and was able to get the CD1 function to display but unfortunately the EEE appears as well. We unplugged and reattached the iPod and get the stereo code and the code does not work with the ipod attached. WTF!

I will be calling Monster Cable today.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:27 AM
9th Gear

yeah....i tried calling them and getting help. let me tell you, they don't give much. all they told me was, "uh, my engineer says he's never seen that problem before and that the icruze works with any cd-changer compatible stereo." so if you hear anything different, please let me know.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:01 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Possible Icruze Fix?

Has anybody gotten their Icruze to work in 01-03 TL/CLs?

I ran into the same problem a couple months ago and was going to sell the damn thing on eBay but I found this on the Monster website:

iPod RESET required
Some iPods can disable serial communications if they are removed from the serial UART connection mid-communication. What this will do is not allow the iPod to reconnect to iCruze. When plugging the iPod into the iCruze with the dock connector, if the LCD stops at MONSTER ICRUZE, and the iPod does not display the iCruze logo, then the iPod needs to be reset. This can be done by pressing the Menu and select buttons on the face of the iPod for 6 seconds which will bring up the Apple icon on the iPod display and then reset the serial communications in the iPod. The iPod will then connect correctly to the iCruze. This reset can be performed with the iPod connected or disconnected to the iCruze dock connector.

Has anyone tried this? Let me know if this worked for you or not. Thanks.