50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Help on Install of Navi moniter, PS2, and Sony Switch

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 03:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help on Install of Navi moniter, PS2, and Sony Switch

Guys, I got a 99 Navigation screen, hardrive, and Navigation dash peice.I know I will have to re route my A/C panel somewhere. I dont think I want to install the Navi Hardrive because my car is 2000 non navigation and it will require much more skill than I have. All I want to do for now is install the moniter, sony switch, dash panel, relocate the A/C and playstation 2. I have the wires for the screen. I need some help on how I would attempt this install. Any advice would be greatfully appretiated. Thanx
Old 01-24-2002, 04:41 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i also posted the following in the sticky thread above, but have decided to paste in here so as not to detract from that topic...

first off, get a manual that shows you how to strip down the dash though i am not sure if these are available yet. if you know the part number, then let us know because i would like to get one too. here is a hunch, i know honda and acura are probably the best maker to typify modular car technology. do you think that if you also got the navi a/c control panel, you can just plug them in and make everything work like a factory spec navi car? it might be just a matter for plugging in the connectors to the appropriate parts...but all the connectors in the non navi car is the same as the navi car.
Old 01-24-2002, 09:40 PM
Banned

I know I can get the A/C panel from acura. That is no problem. The problem is wiring the car so that the whole car is like a regular navi TL. I just recieved my Helms Electroinc manual. I have no idea what all that stuff means. I know it can be done but how far dose one have to go? This guy on the honda oddesey.com did it. His name is Neastor he gots some big Cahones to try this shiznit. I would attempt this if i had somebody that knows what there doing. And if I had all the proper instrunctions in lamens terms instead of all the elctrical jargon. I still dont know what to do. I know I can count on people on this site. WEll let me know your guys opin. Thanx
Old 01-25-2002, 12:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Dude,

This sure doesn't sound easy. I can't say for sure about the '99 navi screens, but the '00 and up get their video signal from the trunk mounted unit. So if you don't put in your trunk HD unit, you won't get anything displayed on your screen at all?

This is a monumental task you're talking about here. I've never seen the full wiring diagrams for the Navigation system, but I suspect that there must be a way to completely retrofit your car to look and perform like a stock Navi equipped car in every way, including the new a/c control panel. My guess is that you might need to get new wiring harnesses from the Acura dealer for a/c, radio, etc. You might need new a/c electronics. You might need some other stuff too. If you know an Odyssey owner who has successfully converted his setup, you're best bet is to talk to him directly and see what he did and what parts he used.

If there is a specific page(s) of the helm manual that is difficult to understand , you can try scanning it and posting in on the forum and I'm sure ppl will help you out there. Other than that, I just don't think any TL owner has done the full non-navi to navi conversion yet. I know that Acura dealers won't even attempt a job like this.
Old 01-25-2002, 03:20 PM
Banned

I know it will be hard. I just dont know how much this will all cost. I already have the Navi display and the hard drive. I need the card that goes inside the GPS, Antenna, Wiring harness's, AVC-RGB1. Dose anybody know if I could make my own antenna. I read a post of a guy extending his but dont know if I could purchase one other than Acura cuz the want $200 just for the damn antenna. Thanx
Old 01-25-2002, 10:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Where did you get a Navi Setup?
Old 01-26-2002, 06:00 AM
Banned

Salvage Yard
Old 01-30-2002, 10:19 PM
Banned

Can anybody thnk of a good way to replace my stock A/C Panel and move it some where else as well as the clock?
Old 01-30-2002, 10:34 PM
Drifting

if the navi system uses the all of the stock connectors from the non navi car, then you are set. the navi will display the time as well as control the a/c. let's say the navi works and will display the time, so all you need to worry about is the a/c stuff. you might have to pull the buttons out and make your own custom panel to fit the location you choose (it should be easily accessible)...which again, maybe the a/c panel above the radio from the navi car.

i think you will need to tear into your car to install all your equipment first before anyone can advise you...
Old 01-30-2002, 11:13 PM
Banned

I was thinking aobut making all the wires longer and connecting them to the ashtray compartment. Any other suggestions?
Old 01-30-2002, 11:16 PM
Drifting

relocate those items to the sun visor...

that would be trick and cool!
Old 01-30-2002, 11:19 PM
Banned

hmmm. That would be pretty sweet. Ill try to see if I can fit that all up there. But keep on coming up with sug. Thanx