Head Unit Install HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2001, 08:36 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Head Unit Install HELP!

Hey everyone, I'm new to the board, just wanted to say whts up to everyone. Anyways, on to my questions. I bought an Aiwa head unit for my TL, no navigation, and I am having hell trying to get it in. I've done a few installs, and they went fine but this one is giving me trouble. My two questions are this: One, what are each of the wires for, according to colors? Also, there is another small wiring harness that went into the back of the stock unit, what is it for and do I need to worry about it when installing the new head unit? Also, a couple shops told me that if I just wire up the head unit it wont sound right because of the Bose system, and that I would need to re-wire all the stock speakers or something. How do I wire in the head unit so that everything sounds right, and what will I need to do it??? Any help would be appreciated, because I am just lost. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-27-2001, 03:21 PM
Drifting

I don't remember the exact wiring scheme since it has been a while since i did my car, but do yourself a favor and spend the exrtra cash and get a professional shop to do the install. This way the trim and finish looks good and also your install is done right the first time. Unless you have experience with the Acura stereo, it can be tricky and you can mess it up.

Good luck
Old 08-27-2001, 03:41 PM
6th Gear

Well since I did it to my accord and my friends civic, I didn't think the acura would be too far off. I really dont want to take it anywhere because the places around here like to rip people off with ****ty jobs :\