Have new TL-S w/Navi Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2001, 01:47 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Have new TL-S w/Navi Problem

Saturday (29th) my TL turns one week old. The only bug I've found seems to be with the Navi. I haven't tried trouble shooting, figured I'd ask for advice, here.
The problem--after programing the destination, when it's time for her to say "proceed to the highlighted route" she actually says .....................oute. This can be duplicated almost at will. I also noticed on a freeway drive in navi mode, the system kept recalcing and positioning the car off the freeway to my right. Then it tells me to enter the freeway. I have 2.05 version. I have access to a 2.03 DVD and will be testing to see if the problems duplicate.
Has anyone experienced a glitch like this?
The 2.03 version is in a 2001 TL-P which has exhibited none of these symptoms.
Old 12-29-2001, 08:41 AM
Banned

Re: Have new TL-S w/Navi Problem

Originally posted by jbs221
Saturday (29th) my TL turns one week old. The only bug I've found seems to be with the Navi. I haven't tried trouble shooting, figured I'd ask for advice, here.
The problem--after programing the destination, when it's time for her to say "proceed to the highlighted route" she actually says .....................oute. This can be duplicated almost at will. I also noticed on a freeway drive in navi mode, the system kept recalcing and positioning the car off the freeway to my right. Then it tells me to enter the freeway. I have 2.05 version. I have access to a 2.03 DVD and will be testing to see if the problems duplicate.
Has anyone experienced a glitch like this?
The 2.03 version is in a 2001 TL-P which has exhibited none of these symptoms.
The cause for the sound problem has been reported to be having the radio off. The navi uses the head unit to play the voice over the radio speakers. If the radio is off, the navi system sends a signal to power up the head unit so the voice can be heard. The problem is, there is no programmed delay in the voice command when this happens. I think the engineers forgot to test the navi when the radio is off. So what happens is the navi starts playing the voice message at the exact time the head unit is given the power on command. And of course, there is a slight delay in the head unit coming to life as it goes through its power-on cycle.

Try doing the navi programming with both the radio on and the radio off and you'll see the difference. My radio is always on and I've never had it happen to me, using both versions 2.03 and 2.04. The DVD disc doesn't have anything to do with it. When I've shut my radio off I could duplicate this problem every time.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-29-2001, 08:42 AM
On the way!

My navi will partially cut out the voice only the first time something comes out of the speakers (from the navi). After that, there are no problems at all.

Acura does mention in the manual that if you're driving on a road, and there's a road parallel and close to it, it may think you're driving on the other road. I have one highway near me where it does this. They manual blames it on GPS inaccuracy.

Also, check to make sure it has you in the correct location. If it's not right on, you can adjust it.

BTW - I have 2.04
Old 12-29-2001, 08:14 PM
Instructor

Thanks for the replies! I'll add the other TL with 2.03, never has a delay problem. Radio on or off. Nor has it ever wandered off the road it was on.