Getting info on the 2nd Gen TSX audio / tech package

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getting info on the 2nd Gen TSX audio / tech package

From http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6584

Originally Posted by Road and Track
The Technology Package will be a huge hit on the pocketbook (in the $4000 range), but it packages the navigation system, Bluetooth connectivity for phones and all manner of devices, the aforementioned XM-supplied real-time traffic and weather data (one- and three-day forecasts are available, and extreme weather alerts will pop up) and a truly inspirational, 415-watt, 10-speaker audio system. This last item, developed with Panasonic and Grammy-winning producer Elliot Scheiner, plays from conventional CD and DTS discs, satellite or AM/FM radio, MP3 or WMA files and, for absolute cleanest sound, DVD-Audio discs.
Some of my initial thoughts:

* So, the TSX will finally get the long awaited MP3 playback from the stock CD player.

* Stereo must be entirely new since its a Panasonic design. Old components have been Pioneer and Alpine. This could be a step in the right direction for Acura in general.

* 415watt, 10 speaker, DTS / DVD-A playback. Does "DVD-A" scream "center speaker" to anyone else? Assuming it does, and the TSX gets a center speaker ala TL/RL, that leaves an odd-man-out speaker... could we be getting a stock sub for the first time in this model?

* Does this 'upgraded' stereo require the always overpriced Tech package? Or will is be available on the standard TSX as well? We already know that the base TSX will have bluetooth / HFL, so the Tech package isn't required for that. I'm guessing / hoping the same can be said for the stereo and basic MP3 playback.

* No mention of HD Radio. Damn.

* I bet we still won't see RDS (broadcast radio text). Seriously Acura, wtf. This has been standard on many American cars since the year 2000.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Reach
* So, the TSX will finally get the long awaited MP3 playback from the stock CD player..
Its about time
* 415watt, 10 speaker, DTS / DVD-A playback. Does "DVD-A" scream "center speaker" to anyone else? Assuming it does, and the TSX gets a center speaker ala TL/RL, that leaves an odd-man-out speaker... could we be getting a stock sub for the first time in this model?.
That's what I'm thinking, a 5.1 setup, front center, sub, and tweeter/woofer combo in each door.

* Does this 'upgraded' stereo require the always overpriced Tech package? Or will is be available on the standard TSX as well? We already know that the base TSX will have bluetooth / HFL, so the Tech package isn't required for that. I'm guessing / hoping the same can be said for the stereo and basic MP3 playback..
The way I was reading it the upgraded sound system only comes with the Tech package. Acura isn't known for offering many options so this would be consistant with that line of thinking

* I bet we still won't see RDS (broadcast radio text). Seriously Acura, wtf. This has been standard on many American cars since the year 2000.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
DVD-A gee, an extra useless speaker to play a dead disk format.

450 watt? Using Acura’s math for the 360 watt system in the first gen that would be two more 12w RMS channels. The center and a sub?
I’ll mod the damm thing anyway with some real power to play my whole collection of 4 DVD-A disks.

Can’t wait!

jeff
Old 03-21-2008, 12:35 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
450 watt hahahaha