EQ Bypass Clarification

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 01:19 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQ Bypass Clarification

Ok, I've been trying to do some research, and came up with several options about bypassing the eq and adding an amp for new front components. Here's my situation. I've got everything to upgrade my entire system, except for my headunit. I was waiting for the new Alpine 9835, but it looks like it'll be a while before it's out. So, I figure I'd just tap the stock headunit for now.

First, there's the EQ bypass by cutting the left, right, common inputs and outputs and looping the inputs and outputs on the headunit and eq unit, and adding a LOC to the speaker outs. Seems simple enough, but I still want my stock rear speakers running off the headunit, and having them eq'd will probably sound the best, and I'd rather not have to add another component (LOC) to the chain.

Second, cutting the same wires, but splicing rca's to the preouts from the headunit (similar to the sub amp upgrade?), but wouldn't I lose my rear speakers, since I'm not looping the signal back to the headunit?

3rd, and the option I'm looking at, unless this won't work...don't cut anything, just tap into the preouts from the headunit, add rca's and run them to my amp? Then, a signal is still going through the eq and back to the headunit, and still running my rear speakers. Will this work? I don't really know much about voltage and stuff. How is the voltage to the amp, and to the eq affected if I do this?

Hope someone can help me with this. Thanks!