EQ Bypass clarification

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 11:14 AM
R&D of Team Anthracite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unlucky Sunday me and my TL went thru long story

On the way home from best buy, we were at the light waiting for it to turn green ( 4way street). It turned green and the car next to us went i than slowly step on the gas and all of the sudden out of nowhere i see an old ass car infront of me tryin to make a turn from the opposite lane ( he was on the opposite side trying to make a left turn on a red light ) i broke right away, the car manage to stop (luckily i have some new michelin pilot sports) but the old guy swiped me in the front bumper..he didnt even break or slowed down, he just kept on going. I than put the car in reversed and started the chase ( Dont Flame me on this. i know i know but man i was inexperience in these kind of situation and i have a very hot temper) ...he got a good lead after he hit me but i put my tl in ss mode and chased him.. 0-100 mph came quick, i guess he saw me chasing him and sped up, he than got stuck b/c there were 3 car in front of him blocking him, 4 lane street 2 in one direction and 2 in the opposite direction) he than jumped the curbed to the opposite lane ( i guess he was desperate to run cuz he was either an illegal immigrant or had no insurance) he apparantly blew 2 of his tires out and the car was stalling..i got out of my car and was thinking about goin to drag him out of the car ( pls try not to flame me again but i was very pissed) but than i saw him get down and try to reach for something, immediately i backed off b/c i thought he was going for his gun, than i saw him trying to crank his car up so i was going to stand in front of his car but than i thought if the ass is that desperate to run, he will run me over, so i backed off again and than he manage to start his car, i tried to go to passenger side and open door but it was locked and than he took off and almost hit a red honda accord head on. he barely missed the accord. i got a good look at him.. he was an old hispanic that looked like saddam hussien with a mustard and he was wearing a mechanic shirt which leads me to him being an auto mechanic..i than proceeded the chase but was blocked in by several cars in front of me and red lights. All this time my gf was on the phone with 911, she told me the operator kept telling us to stop chasing the guy and go back to where i got hit. We went back to where we got hit and waited for the cops, a van all of a suden pulled in and told us that he had followed us and also somehow got to follow the hispanic guy and told us the tires on his wheel were coming off of his wheel and told us where he pulled in. We went to that spot but the guy was no where to be found. HPD came and took down info and the guy's license plate. The damage to the TL wasnt as bad as i thought, the bumber was not pushed in, it still lined up with the hood and the headlights perfectly, just bad scraped and one spot on the bumper by the tow hook was sticking out kinda like bubbling out but worse, small part of the grill was scraped. very small spot on the hot was scraped, corner of the headlight ( near the grill) was scraped, my front body kit lip ( factory kit) was scraped..all in all it wasnt that bad...my gf bumped one of her knee on the back seat pretty hard bruised it pretty bad, my lil baby girl was fine in her baby car seat ..i know i know flame me for chasing with my lil baby in the car. it wont happen again next time something like this happen ( knock on wood ) hope it will never happen again.

the TL performed well in the chase only bad thing was the braking..car didnt hold well under hard braking ..well maybe b/c i tried to stop from 100mph to 0...car shook a little.. the body of the car kinda shake left and right..the car went into turn real well ( probably b/c of my 18" wheels and michelin tires that grip real well). Looking back at yesterday it could have been on Real TV or the show COPS. Thank GOD noone got injured bad.

i took pics of the damage and will post them up in a few day.
Old 03-22-2004, 01:15 PM
Instructor

EQ Bypass clarification

Ok, I've been trying to do some research, and came up with several options about bypassing the eq and adding an amp for new front components. Here's my situation. I've got everything to upgrade my entire system, except for my headunit. I was waiting for the new Alpine 9835, but it looks like it'll be a while before it's out. So, I figure I'd just tap the stock headunit for now.

First, there's the EQ bypass by cutting the left, right, common inputs and outputs and looping the inputs and outputs on the headunit and eq unit, and adding a LOC to the speaker outs. Seems simple enough, but I still want my stock rear speakers running off the headunit, and having them eq'd will probably sound the best, and I'd rather not have to add another component (LOC) to the chain.

Second, cutting the same wires, but splicing rca's to the preouts from the headunit (similar to the sub amp upgrade?), but wouldn't I lose my rear speakers, since I'm not looping the signal back to the headunit?

3rd, and the option I'm looking at, unless this won't work...don't cut anything, just tap into the preouts from the headunit, add rca's and run them to my amp? Then, a signal is still going through the eq and back to the headunit, and still running my rear speakers. Will this work? I don't really know much about voltage and stuff. How is the voltage to the amp, and to the eq affected if I do this?

Hope someone can help me with this. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2004, 01:16 PM
Instructor

woah..what happened.....