CL: DVD and TV into a Honda Accord Exe 2.4 european navigation screen

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009 | 02:06 PM
Intermediate

DVD and TV into a Honda Accord Exe 2.4 european navigation screen

Hello everyone

I know that it has been discussed before..I had used the search, but unfortunately did not get answers to the questions I have in my head.

So please understand

I have a 2007year Honda Accord CL7 with a factory navigation screen.
The only thing I always missed was a TV screen. Surfing the web I have found that there are many different ways to make the video and audio inputs.

For this time I have purchased a alpine DVD box and a alpine TV tuner. Which I would like to fit, so the only problem is to make the inputs for the navigation.
As I understood from different recourses, the best thing to make a video input would be the "NAVTOOL" - only thing I don’t like in it that it has 2 inputs, one for DVD or TV and the second for the reverse camera, which is activated when the reverse gear signal gets to the unit (IE I would have to fit a 3way switch: NAV, TV, DVD)

Is there anything better out there?

Second thing to create the audio input, there are many inputs through the radio antenna, I don’t like those as the quality is not the best. Could anyone suggest something?

Cheers
Old 12-18-2009 | 02:42 PM
Senior Moderator

I don't know of any units that have more than one input. Other than manually changing there is no way for the unit to know to go to another input. You would have to look at a "video splitter"

As far as inputs you would want to use a auxillary input which uses the extra input on the back of your factory radio. Check the DIY/FAQ for a list of different types and brands.
Old 12-19-2009 | 04:26 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jonesi
I don't know of any units that have more than one input. Other than manually changing there is no way for the unit to know to go to another input. You would have to look at a "video splitter"

As far as inputs you would want to use a auxillary input which uses the extra input on the back of your factory radio. Check the DIY/FAQ for a list of different types and brands.
Thanks for the reply. I had a look at the DIY section, and checked the sites listed.

The only one offering something is blitzsafe, but they do not manufacture those products anymore.

Something like this would be perfect http://blitzsafe.com/catalog/honda/h...x/prod_67.html

All other input modules are for ipods.

Any more suggestions anyone?
Old 12-19-2009 | 06:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by BlackAccordion
The only one offering something is blitzsafe, but they do not manufacture those products anymore.

Why don't you take the model number you need, it and buy it somewhere. Even if they don't manufacture it anymore I'm sure you can find it with a little bit of effort

edit: On the link you provided it has a "add to cart" in order to purchase it. Where did you hear they don't make them anymore? What am I missing here? Why don't you just buy from Blitzsafe directly if you can't find it anywhere else?

Last edited by Jonesi; 12-19-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-20-2009 | 10:27 AM
Intermediate

Why don't you take the model number you need, it and buy it somewhere. Even if they don't manufacture it anymore I'm sure you can find it with a little bit of effort

edit: On the link you provided it has a "add to cart" in order to purchase it. Where did you hear they don't make them anymore? What am I missing here? Why don't you just buy from Blitzsafe directly if you can't find it anywhere else?
This is a reply I got from blitzsafe:

That part is no longer available. I am sorry the website has not been updated. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Thank you,

BlitzSafe Of America
Technical Support Manager
201-569-5000
800-597-SAFE (US only)
Fax: 201-569-5042
E-mail:
Techsupport@blitzsafe.com
Old 12-20-2009 | 11:03 AM
Senior Moderator

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=AUX+DMX+V.2X

You can look at the shopping results and links it provides.
Old 12-20-2009 | 02:51 PM
Intermediate

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=AUX+DMX+V.2X

You can look at the shopping results and links it provides.
Thanks for that. I also found some other places where I could get it from. Just finding this thread:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ITI+V.2&page=2

Is putting me into a question is this the unit I want...but I cant find any other out there. Most of them are just for iPods.

I also have a few questions:

I will use the NAVTOOL for the video input. It has 2 inputs, one the primary one and the 2nd one for the backup camera which is activated when the rear gear is in.

My plan is to use a 3way switch-> 1:NAV 2:TV 3: DVD (the backup camera)

Now for the audio input (lets take blitzsafe for example), it has only 1 input in the unit. How good is to use relays for audio switching? Will they lower the quality, and it would be better to use a audio switcher - currently looking at a JL Audio CleanSweep CL-SES

Cheers
Old 12-20-2009 | 04:34 PM
Senior Moderator

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ITI+V.2&page=2

Is putting me into a question is this the unit I want...

I also have a few questions:

Now for the audio input (lets take blitzsafe for example), it has only 1 input in the unit. How good is to use relays for audio switching? Will they lower the quality, and it would be better to use a audio switcher - currently looking at a JL Audio CleanSweep CL-SES
You need to take into account that thread you found is 4yrs going on 5 yrs old.

The cleansweep might be a little overkill but that's purely personal preference.
Old 12-21-2009 | 03:49 AM
Intermediate

You need to take into account that thread you found is 4yrs going on 5 yrs old.

The cleansweep might be a little overkill but that's purely personal preference.
Me thinking that when using relays, the magnetic field which is controlling them might put some interference in the signal?

Any other suggestions for the audio switching?
Old 12-27-2009 | 08:56 AM
Intermediate

Me thinking that when using relays, the magnetic field which is controlling them might put some interference in the signal?

Any other suggestions for the audio switching?
EDIT:

I think I found quite a good solution

There are some good products from soungate.

VIDHOND2V4, to connect 2audio sources (manual also states that has a ipod input, but have to check that)
http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?r...usereferrer=1&

HONAUX4, audio input

AUX3, to connect multiple audio sources:

Has anyone have any experience with these products?

Cheers