DIY / 2004 -2008 TSX / Center console removal ( armrest portion )

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
DIY / 2004 -2008 TSX / Center console removal ( armrest portion )

Unscrew at the two circle location:

Pull the Rubber mat starting where the arrow is pointing to:

Unscrew at the two circle location:

There's one connector needs to be disconnected. It's the connecter to the cig lighter in the arm rest cubby Then pull the armest towards the back seat a little then lift. Should look like this when done:

Last edited by xaznperswaesonx; 05-08-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Thanks for the post. Question for you. When you unscrew those two screws underneath the rubber mat inside the console, does the whole interior black box (which contains the mp3 jack and power socket) come out of the console? What I mean is, can you literally pull out the black box that sits inside the entire grey console without removing the whole console? I know you can just pull out the entire console with the box in it, but I was curious if that interior part separates from the console. I know you can remove the back of the console (grey part that faces the back seats), but no one has said whether that box is removable as well.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Burning Brakes

i'll check when i get home. Im not sure if it's removable. The two screw on the side of the armrest console i think is holding the 12v cig lighter thats inside the box.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jottle
Thanks for the post. Question for you. When you unscrew those two screws underneath the rubber mat inside the console, does the whole interior black box (which contains the mp3 jack and power socket) come out of the console? What I mean is, can you literally pull out the black box that sits inside the entire grey console without removing the whole console? I know you can just pull out the entire console with the box in it, but I was curious if that interior part separates from the console. I know you can remove the back of the console (grey part that faces the back seats), but no one has said whether that box is removable as well.
I took a look. Assuming that my 04 has the same box as yours, since mines doesn't have a mp3 jack, you can't remove that box without having to remove the armrest. Theres two screws on each side that holds the box to the armrest and then you have to pull out the armrest. Then theres two more screws near the cig lighter securing the black box to the armrest portion.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by xaznperswaesonx
I took a look. Assuming that my 04 has the same box as yours, since mines doesn't have a mp3 jack, you can't remove that box without having to remove the armrest. Theres two screws on each side that holds the box to the armrest and then you have to pull out the armrest. Then theres two more screws near the cig lighter securing the black box to the armrest portion.
Thanks. I just wanted to know if it was even possible. From what you're saying, it looks like you can pull the box out of the console. So essentially you can completely gut the inside of the console if you want to, correct?
Old 05-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks. I just wanted to know if it was even possible. From what you're saying, it looks like you can pull the box out of the console. So essentially you can completely gut the inside of the console if you want to, correct?

Based from what I saw, yes you probalby can. I haven't tried nor do I plan to. So it's not for certain.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll be needing that.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Pro

bump.
Anyone know if it's possible to remove the black storage box inside the center console? I'm talking about removing the box that holds the mp3 jack and the aux power in the 06+ models. I have the helms manual, but it doesn't show how to remove the box inside the center console. I've tried to do it myself, but I don't see a way to do it. Maybe I have to take the entire console out of the car first. Any advice?
Old 03-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Pro

bump.
Anyone know if it's possible to remove the black storage box inside the center console? I'm talking about removing the box that holds the mp3 jack and the aux power in the 06+ models. I have the helms manual, but it doesn't show how to remove the box inside the center console. I've tried to do it myself, but I don't see a way to do it. Maybe I have to take the entire console out of the car first. Any advice?
back from the dead. Can anyone confirm if it's possible to remove the block storage box from the console? It looks like the box is part of the console, but I'm not sure.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, the whole center console is one piece. Can't remove just the box. You're talking about the storage box when you lift up the arm rest right?
Old 03-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by zidenx
Yeah, the whole center console is one piece. Can't remove just the box. You're talking about the storage box when you lift up the arm rest right?
Yep. The black storage box that's inside of the console. That's a bummer. It looked like you could remove the box from the console once you got the whole console out of the car. So here's my new question then.If I order part #21 on this page ------> CLICK HERE (which is the console body), will it also include the storage box part with the mp3 jack and electrical socket? It's unclear from the diagram whether or not the box is included. If not, how can I order a replacement console with box if the box is not removable and the replacement console part doesn't include the box!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Pro

Just an update for anyone who may care. It turns out you can remove the black console box located inside the center console. The entire black box (with power outlet) comes right out of the center console after removing about 6 screws. You can only really remove the box after removing the entire center console from the car. It ain't fun to get the entire console out, but removing the box can be done! So if you need to buy a new center console, you don't have to purchase the box that comes inside of it as well.