Crunch 5 Chan. Amp

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 11:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Crunch 5 Chan. Amp

Has anyone used the crunch power zone p5520 channel amp. What do u think of the quality?
Old 06-25-2002, 12:48 PM
"v1 saved my ass ......."

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would stay away from brands like that. There are up there with Boss, Visonik, Pyle, Pyramid, etc.

AdamR
Old 06-27-2002, 11:22 AM
1st Gear

Disregaurd that guy. Crunch amps are some of the cleanest available. I don't much about your particular model, but I wouldn't use the Crunch to push a sub. But the other 4 channels will push 6x9's, 6's, and 5's just fine. I had a crunch 4x50 and I used it to push two 5 1/2's and two 6x9's kappas (infinity). Of course the idiots at the shop that installed it and all my friends laughed. But once they heard it, no one laughed.
Crunch amps are clean, clean, clean. They don't have the juice to push subs very well, but if you are looking for crisp sound, go with the crunch.
I would also look into US Acoustics sub amps. They aren't that clean, but they can push a sub almost as good as the kappa amps at a fraction of the cost. I had mine pushing two 12 rockford fosgates X series and they hit so hard that my trunk would pop open every now and then. All this stuff was in my infinty Q.
Scott
Old 06-27-2002, 01:27 PM

Yes, disregard me - I know nothing about car audio .... Let me tell you I have been on both sides of the fence with audio - I have owned (or at least known people) with the very prestigious brands and I have owned the really crap brands. Let me tell you - Crunch is definetley part of the latter group. One of the cleanest amps available??? WHERE THE FSCK DO YOU GET THAT OPINION FROM? Geez-US! When it comes these bargain brands, you get what you pay for - junk! I am not saying to shell out a couple grand for a brax platinum (I hate you audiophil1) but dont go stingy. I mean that is why you are upgrading your stereo in the first place right? for an improvement?

Alright, I do have to agree with scott on his other point about us acoustics.... these are a very good bang for the buck... I had a couple of these amps dropped on my lap and had a chance to evaluate them... not a very musical amp but accurate and dynamic. They were driving some focal utopia components at the time and I was quite happy with them.

Now, what are you going to use this amp to push? Compoents, subs?

Hey scott, pushing your trunk open? time to get a new trunk release - your cars broke!

AdamR
Old 06-27-2002, 01:35 PM

Heres a link describing my point :
http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...ghlight=crunch

AdamR
Old 06-27-2002, 01:37 PM

whats your price range and requirements for the amp? Maybe I could help you out there....

AdamR
Old 06-27-2002, 05:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

amp

ok I got some audiobahn speakers (whats your opinion of those) The audiobahns didn't fit and sounded worse that the original. I'm selling them to a coworker now, (after I ripped the chrome covers off the magnet on one of the 6x9). I want more power, my g/f's accord makes mine sound like shit. I want to upgrade the door and rear speakers and add a sub. As far as power req I want above 60 rms to inside speakers and probably 200+ on a sub. Price, dont want to spend more than 450 on the amp, also if u can tell me what speakers will fit without modds I would really appriciate it
Old 06-27-2002, 06:15 PM
Red X

what's you price range? let me tell you what i want to get. on the sub i'm undecided but most likely i'll get the 27wx focal. it's an 11" sub. replacing the stock speakers are focal polykevlar 165k2 for the fronts, and pioneer premiere ts-e6995 for the back. to power them, due to money reasons i'm getting a ppi amp. if i had the money i'd get an xtant.
i'm getting this because i like how they sound. the 165k are toooo bright for me. the utopia's aren't bright enough for me but are the "better" speaker. just go and listen to what you like.
Old 06-28-2002, 07:19 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: amp

Originally posted by acur8ly
ok I got some audiobahn speakers (whats your opinion of those) The audiobahns didn't fit and sounded worse that the original.

I don't know much about different speaker brands. But, did you hook them up to the stock amp? Might be the reason they sounded bad.

I don't think many aftermarket speakers will fit in the rear deck or doors without spacers. Spacers are not hard to make using MDF or Particle-Board.
Old 06-28-2002, 08:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah I plugged them on the stock amp, then I put them on my friends rockford amp. They still didn't sound too special. They looked good, had 2 detachable tweeters and a nice chrome finish but sound wasn't there:shakehd: