couple quick question on installing system.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 08:21 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
couple quick question on installing system.

I have the stock head unit and bought what i was told is a high/low converter? Whatever it is, I hook my RCA wires into it. I was told i can hook it to the back speakers instead of behind the cd player. I think that i have a pretty good idea of how to do it but asking just in case. There are positive and negative wires that i obviously hook to the correct sides of the speakers. Then there are 2 brown wires that i am not sure what they go to. I was told they are ground but i dont really know? Anyone know? I have a 97 3.0 cl and the brand of the converter is Peripheral?

Another ?. I just bought the car, so being a dumba** when i was installing my amp power wires, i unhooked the battery. Had no idea that the cd player would reset and i would have to put a code in. Is there anything i can do besides take it to the Acura dealership? I dont have a manual for the car yet. Thanx for the patience, i dont think that there has been a thread for this, but i could be wrong.

L.L.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Flap.

congrats on the car,

yes you can hook the line level converter to the 6x9's

brown wires, not sure on this one

look around for a sticker that has a code on it, or go to dealershit.. i mean ship..
Old 01-13-2004, 02:49 PM
98 2.3cl

You dont have to use the brown wires you can just cut them shorter and tape them seperately. As for the radio code, sometimes the code is put somewhere in the car I've seen places like on the bottom of the ashtray, in the trunk, and on the inside of the fusepannel cover. If they aren't there you will have to take a trip to the dealer.