Chicago Area Alarm Installers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 08:10 AM
Lives in Boost

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Chicago Area Alarm Installers?

Can anyone suggest a good place to go to to have an alarm (shock sensor and remote start) installed? I went to a referred place from a friend yesterday and the guy said that they wouldn't do an auto start install on a stick shift and that "noone will". I looked at him like he was crazy and told him I had it on my last car which was a stick and he still said they wouldn't do an install for it. It's a shame because I'm thinking about having a monitor installed up front for DVD movies etc and he quoted me $1550 for a Pioneer installed. This, despite it being illegal, they could do
Anyway I'd like a professional place that has either Compustar or Viper alarms systems.
I have an Anthracite '03 CL-S

Thanks in advance....
Old 06-13-2006, 09:29 AM
Mobile Elec. Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you're not going to find many, if any, places that will do a remote start on a manual tranny car. no matter what system you use or how careful you are, there is an inherint risk of the car starting in gear, and hurting or possibly even killing someone, let alone damaging the car. that alone is enough liabilty that most shops won't take the chance.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Lives in Boost

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
I understand. There was a shutdown sequence I had to do on my last car though to ensure it wasn't in gear before it would auto start.
1. Make sure car is in neutral, step on brake pedal and press alarm button
2. Car will continue to run while exiting vehicle.
3. Press alarm button again
That was it. That way the car could never been in gear. If you had to go back to the car for something and open and close it, the auto start would be disabled from chance that it had been put in gear during that time.
In two years I never had a problem with it setup like this.
These hot & humid summer months ahead don't look too good

Brian