Can we wire power outlet for always on?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 06:54 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Can we wire power outlet for always on?

Just wondering if it would be possible to get the power outlet in the center console to be always on??

I plug my cell phone in there and it would be nice to charge that thing while the car is off..

What would be involved? Could we simply wire the fuse for that into something that is always hot like the HU fuse?

I know that it can potentially drain the battery, but it would be nice to at least have the one in the center console do this..
Old 01-06-2002, 05:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edub-TL:
Anything's possible bud Uhm...to really do it right (aka not to splice some fuse and worry "well uhm what if I end up using something high current and I blow that fuse" etc...) then you'd want to run a wire from the battery to the fuse box's + (not large ones) and tie them into the head of the fuse's + (aka running from battery to device, the head is closer to the battery). That way you have a fuse protected direct line to the battery, and of course ground is never cut off. However, to do the easy way out yeah you could splice in from another...of course after the fuse to that equipment and before the fuse to your equipment...so you're protecting the power wires before the fuse in the spliced out of connection and protecting the wires past the fuse in the spliced into connection. Even so I don't think the HU would work...because I don't know about you but when I turn off my car, it cuts off the power to my HU...maybe try the security system, lights...something else...

Austin519