Bose adapter for amps

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 10:26 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose adapter for amps

I want to keep the original bose stereo. Is there a bose converter to attach amps. If so, did anyone try this yet and how does it sound?
Old 02-20-2002, 01:34 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
You can use an any brand line-out converter to convert or tap directly into the wires between the HU and Bose EQ for a low-level signal to take directly to your new amps. If your just talking about adding a new sub amp, you can tap directly into a pre-amp sub signal behind the rear seat to route directly to you sub amp. The choice is yours.
Old 02-20-2002, 06:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Lightbulb Re: Bose adapter for amps

Originally posted by oliverd
I want to keep the original bose stereo. Is there a bose converter to attach amps. If so, did anyone try this yet and how does it sound?
I'm using a 4-channel Line-Out Converter with the Bose h/u and Phoenix Gold amps, Infinity Kappa spkrs, sub, etc. The eight speaker leads are connected to the proper leads on the LOC - the other side of the LOC has RCA pre-outs to connect to your amps. (Sorry if you know all this). And don't buy that adapter that's made for Honda/Bose systems - it won't work. I tried it and it won't fit the wiring harness on our stereos.
My LOC is made my P.I.E. but there are different ones out there. Needless to say my system sounds great and the LOC works fine like it's not there.
Old 02-20-2002, 07:49 PM
Instructor

oliverd:
Take a look at this site here. I ordered the PD-4 which allows you to add aftermarket amps and speakers without ANY wire cutting. In addition to the PD-4 (or PD-2), you will need a wiring harness that will interface with the Bose radio. The people who work there are very nice and answered every question I threw at them.

I haven't installed this unit yet, but I plan on doing so within the next few weeks. I'll post a full review once everything is up and running.

TL Daddy:
Did you try the adapter I'm talking about? I looked at the pinout from the Helms manual and it matches the harness perfectly.
Old 02-20-2002, 08:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Master-G
TL Daddy:
Did you try the adapter I'm talking about? I looked at the pinout from the Helms manual and it matches the harness perfectly.
Master-G - That's the same AudioLink unit I ordered & tried! When I called them I said I have a TL and they assured me that the harness would fit. But it did not. So I called them and returned the unit and wire harness. They were very nice and took the unit back. But it didn't fit mine - unless they made new harnesses since last year.
Also that unit is pretty big (5 inches square). My LOC is small - about 2" x 4" - so it fits behind the Bose headunit. You'll have to find somewhere to mount that near the stereo.
Let us know if it works for you. Thanks!!!
Old 02-21-2002, 08:50 AM
Instructor

TL Daddy:
Check this out....link

Hmm, well this guy was able to get his to work on a 99' TL. I wonder if they are compatible with a 2002. What year is your car?

It looks like what I have will fit perfectly but I won't know for sure until I do the install.
Old 02-21-2002, 06:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Arrow Master-G

I remember that guy from way back on the other board. In fact I've emailed him about his system a couple times. Anyway it looks he got that adapter to work - I have a '99 also! I hope that yours works too - but the plug did not fit my Bose harness - and I know that guy DarkAcura did his system before I did. Weird!

Are you going to do the work yourself?
Old 02-21-2002, 08:41 PM
Instructor

Are you going to do the work yourself?
No, but I'm going to be "supervising" the whole operation. People in my area don't know much about Bose systems so I pretty much had to do all the research myself (with a LOT of help from this forum).

I have the Helms manual for the TL and all of the pinouts match up with the harness that I bought from AudioLink. From the physical features that are shown of the harness in the Helms manual, everything should work out fine (hopefully).

TL Daddy, do you think that they sent you a 98' TL harness instead of the newer models? Other than that, I don't really know why things didn't work out for you.

I just about have everything I need in order to do the install. Give me a few weeks and I'll let you know how things turn out.