Blitzsafe not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 06:14 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my Blitzsafe adaptor back from Blitzsafe. They replaced my previously faulty one with a brand new one. Worked perfectly out of the box. I can access all screens and CDC. My only issue now is slight alternator whine using my sirius reciever. I even used a GLI from radio shack. I heard those might be pretty crappy so what are something GLIs that actually work.

Thanks, good luck to everyone trying to get to that CDC.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:24 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by glott
Got my Blitzsafe adaptor back from Blitzsafe. They replaced my previously faulty one with a brand new one. Worked perfectly out of the box. I can access all screens and CDC. My only issue now is slight alternator whine using my sirius reciever. I even used a GLI from radio shack. I heard those might be pretty crappy so what are something GLIs that actually work.

Nice man....Ground noise is the least of your worries, after that ordeal with the blitzsafe. Go to a good audio shop or circuity city and buy a GLI there. The radio shack one is definitely crappy.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:05 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Glott, just to confirm, you have a 2004, correct?

I have some parts on order to do that switcher thing... sorry that this shop is taking so much work to get open. You guys have no idea how much it takes just to have these widgets on the shelf : )
Old 03-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Racer

What is the best way to pop the wires out?
Old 03-24-2005, 11:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by akmovieman
So now I am thinking that the design has changed and the unit will function like a regular accord headunit without nav. So I ordered another Soundgate (since I destroyed the last one) and I am waiting to see if that works, just plugging it into the Female connector and leaving the XM one disconnected. If that doesn't work, I am going to go to an audio place and have them pull out the head unit and plug it directly into the back. I assume the female end is just a small extension cord? Anyone think my theory is correct or have any other suggestions?
akmovieman,

For my car, I have everything plugged into something. Go back to my post #33 with the pictures. Harness #2 is the main harness that would go into the aux input on the car. Since our cars have XM, there is already a harness plugged into that aux input. I disconnected that stock XM harness and plugged Blitzsafe harness#2 into that location. I then took the disconnected male XM harness and plugged it into the female Blitzsafe harness #3 (one with only 3 wires - white, blue and yellow).

After I had all this plugged in, it still wouldn't go to CD-C when I pushed the CD/aux/XM button. I had to push and hold that button for a good 5+ seconds before there was beep. The display went dim. Then, I pushed and held the CD/aux/XM button for another 5+ seconds and there was another beep and the display returned to normal brightness.

I STILL didn't have CD-C at this point. I went to the steering wheel mode button and when I pushed it, THAT was when it switched over to CD-C.

Even right now, I don't think I could access CD-C by pushing the CD/aux/XM button. But, pushing the steering wheel mode button lets me get access to everything (except XM since it's not connected).

Good luck!
Old 03-24-2005, 11:25 PM
Instructor

Interesting. Blitzsafe may know more about your issue ALter. Yes I have 2004 w/ Nav. Blitzsafe had no problem just swapping mine out for one tested to work correctly. They were easy and shipped pretty quickly.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Elephantman_nosefacehead
What is the best way to pop the wires out?
1) Flip up the wire holder from the back end of the harness (end where the wires go into). If you go to my post #33 with the pictures. THe first picture under #2) MALE HARNESS shows the wire holder flipped up.

2) Take a safety pin or needle (I think a paper clip may be too thick) and slide it right under the wire that you want to pop out. This should release the wire and it will then easily come right out.

3) Carefully put the wire back into whichever part of the harness you want it to go.

4) Flip the wire holder back down and it should snap into place. Make sure none of the wires are being crimped by this wire holder.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Interesting. Blitzsafe may know more about your issue ALter. Yes I have 2004 w/ Nav. Blitzsafe had no problem just swapping mine out for one tested to work correctly. They were easy and shipped pretty quickly.
I really don't have an issue. I switched the yellow and black wires before I installed the adapter. This didn't work. I switched the yellow and black wires BACK to its original position. This now made the adapter work exactly as advertised. So, I was fortunate to have received a properly functioning harness right off the bat.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:40 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
I really don't have an issue. I switched the yellow and black wires before I installed the adapter. This didn't work. I switched the yellow and black wires BACK to its original position. This now made the adapter work exactly as advertised. So, I was fortunate to have received a properly functioning harness right off the bat.
so I guess the moral is to try it the way you received it first and if it does not work then do the wire flip...got it
Old 03-25-2005, 12:55 PM
10th Gear

AlterZgo, whats the point of the Y connector if leaving the 2nd cable unplugged doesn't effect functions of anything (voice commands, screens, etc)? I am really curious to see if the soundgate in combination with your 5 second rule works. If it does, I will have to buy you a drink. I've been trying to get this to work for way too long!
Old 03-25-2005, 03:57 PM
Racer

Well tried to install my blitzsafe today and it did not work so I tried to change the pins and the black one came out but I broke the yellow one

When I called Blitzsafe the guy I talked to said he has not heard of this problem with the TSX or reversing the wires

The good news is that Blitzsafe corp office in in NJ and he said I could bring it there and he would test it out for me, of course they will probably give me shit for breaking the pin I have no idea why I used this leghump avatar it just looks funny. Wish me luck on my journey.

Last edited by Elephantman_nosefacehead; 03-25-2005 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:01 PM
Instructor

I was one of the few that received a bad Blitzsafe (switched wires and worked but lost some Navi functions) so I went out and purchased the Soundgate Snhond3. They are both identical electronically, I compared the harness wiring and they were identical(except for the 3 spliced wires). The Soundgate, after splicing, works without the loss of any functions and without having to hold any buttons down for 5 sec. I'm going to be sending the Blitzsafe back for a replacement and sell it.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Elephantman_nosefacehead
Well tried to install my blitzsafe today and it did not work so I tried to change the pins and the black one came out but I broke the yellow one

When I called Blitzsafe the guy I talked to said he has not heard of this problem with the TSX or reversing the wires

The good news is that Blitzsafe corp office in in NJ and he said I could bring it there and he would test it out for me, of course they will probably give me shit for breaking the pin I have no idea why I used this leghump avatar it just looks funny. Wish me luck on my journey.
I don't understand why some people from their office say they never heard of that problem I've called them myself with the same complaint. I'm starting to think they're full of
Old 03-25-2005, 07:35 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
At DEI back when I was there we had rules against saying any of the three following answers/responses:

1) We've never heard of that problem before.

2) You're the only one in the country who's having this problem.

3) I don't know, but call me back and tell me when you figure it out, OK?

In the years since I left, these rules are long dead, tragically.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by akmovieman
AlterZgo, whats the point of the Y connector if leaving the 2nd cable unplugged doesn't effect functions of anything (voice commands, screens, etc)? I am really curious to see if the soundgate in combination with your 5 second rule works. If it does, I will have to buy you a drink. I've been trying to get this to work for way too long!
I don't think I understand your question. Nothing is left unplugged in my set up - even the stock XM harness which I disconnected. I have that plugged into the side harness. It would not work at all if I had the stock XM harness unplugged.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by elduderino
At DEI back when I was there we had rules against saying any of the three following answers/responses:

1) We've never heard of that problem before.

2) You're the only one in the country who's having this problem.

3) I don't know, but call me back and tell me when you figure it out, OK?

In the years since I left, these rules are long dead, tragically.
Wise words for any vendor/retailer/support companies.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:24 PM
10th Gear

AlterZgo,

Sorry for my lack of clarity.

In my car, I unplugged the cable between the male and female. I was expecting to lose XM and some voice commands etc. All I lost is XM. I am driving around with it unplugged and everything is working fine. When I had the Blitzsafe with the y connector I had the issue you had. But I didn't know about holding down the button for 5 seconds. I ordered the regular soundgate one. If the only thing unplugging that cable does is disable XM, then I wouldn't need the Y connector? My thought is that the female connector is just an extension of the standard 14 pin on the back of the head unit. I really hope this works. I had this setup in my Accord without Nav until a reckless 17 year old decided to drink and hit me. I got the new car with Nav as a bonus, but it wound up causing me all sorts of issues! Thanks for your help.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Hmmnnn... Well, I know for sure that leaving the XM connector disconnected from the Blitzsafe female harness prevented me from getting the aux/CD-C input to work. For my setup, that stock male XM connector needs to be plugged into the female Blitzsafe harness.

Sorry to hear about your accident and I hear you about the issue of getting more features leading to greater difficulties. I went through similar issues w/ my 05 TSX. It's not as easy to hook up the aux input b/c of XM radio and now, it looks like the 05 TSX has a different ECU so we can't even use the Hondata ECU upgrade w/o buying a matched set of 04 ECU/immobilizer/key.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:29 PM
10th Gear

I hear ya about the ECU. That is very disappointing.

Had you ever tried a standard SNHOND3 ? Or had you only tried with the Y connector? also when you unplugged the two cables and didn't have the blitzsafe installed did it prevent voice and other things from working correctly?
Old 03-27-2005, 08:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Never tried the SNHOND3 by itself. I always had the Blitzsafe adapter for nav which came already spliced w/ the side female harness for nav equipped cars. I did not try to install w/ only the SNHOND3 part by itself.

When anything was unplugged, voice and tone controls would not work properly. For example, if I had just the factory XM harness unplugged (with or without blitzsafe adapter attached to the aux input).
Old 03-28-2005, 08:21 AM
Racer

here is a post from Blitzsafes official website...I think Marc was the tech I talked to
http://www.blitzsafe.com/blitz_forum...PagePosition=1
Old 03-28-2005, 10:19 AM
10th Gear

Yeah thats about the quality of support Blitzsafe has to offer.

I'm getting my SNHOND3 today, I sure hope it works.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:59 PM
10th Gear

So I got the new adapter today. I actually ordered the Soundgate SNHOND3 (sorry blitzsafe). This is the unit designed for non-nav accords. Well I plugged it into the female end, the other end has been disconnected and the only thing I lost was XM. Anyway, when I plugged it in, nothing happened. Pushing the CD button did nothing. I was really angry and got brave and pulled out the nav unit. Low and behold there was a regular 14 pin connector. I unplugged what was in there (the extension with the female on the other end) plugged in the adapter and BOOM!!!! It worked! I was so excited. So now I have AUX (no XM obviously) and it sounds BEAUTIFUL!!!

So if you have an Accord and when you unplugged the cables you just lose XM and not voice commands, etc then this will work for you. Removing the headunit is really not bad at all.

WOOHOO!
Old 03-28-2005, 11:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Cool. Glad everything worked out for you.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:39 PM
10th Gear

Thanks! Gotta love the sound...
Old 03-29-2005, 02:42 PM
Racer

well going to Blitzsafe tomorrow...does anyone have any messages for them?
Old 03-29-2005, 10:36 PM
9th Gear

Got my SNHOND3 today for my 2004 TSX, but unfortunately got the same results (head unit identifies CDC, but audio/voice recog doesn't work).

I tried multiple combinations: SNHOND3 box + Blitzsafe Y-cable, Blitzsafe box + SNHOND3 regular cable, SNHOND3 box + SNHOND3 cable, black/yellow swap, etc.

Any thoughts on this? I'd hate to think my car was this "unique"...

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:00 PM
10th Gear

Cheese Rex,

Have you tried to plug directly into the head unit? You'd have to pull it out to get to the port. That solved all my problems.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:04 PM
Intermediate

I'm having the same problem... How did you remove the headunit...I'm thinking that I'm pluging into the wrong input
Old 03-30-2005, 04:01 PM
Racer

Went to Blitzsafe's factory today and Marc came out to look at my car. I admitted I broke the yellow pin and he brought a new adaptor out which was nice of him. So we plug the adaptor in and low and behold the cd-c button is showing on the dash. I am like man "it wasn't working when I tried it" ...I was happy and ready to leave when Marc suggested I try the voice navigation, guess what, it wasn't working . He took the adaptor out and looked at the wires and said something to the effect of "I'm going to kick that guys ass ". Apparently the wiring is done in house and even though they had identified the problem the adaptor he brought out was wired wrong. After a bit of fiddling Marc got the adaptor to work. He also let me keep the original Blitzsafe interface unit and the new one. Anyway it now working and Marc suggested anyone with an interface that is not working give him a call 201-569-5000 and he would try to help you fix it.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:01 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey guys the FIX for this is reall simple i did it thanks to mark at blitsafe and i got everytthing to work

what you need to do is:

1) switch the black and yellow wire like we have mentioned b4

2) then take the male and female plugs of the blitzsafe adapter and plug them into each other

3) look and make sure that the wires on both sides are in the same order. meaning the wire that splits off from the yellow wire (should be brown) should be on the same spot as the yellow one AFTER it has been switched. do the same with the black (wire coming out should be blue)

then plug everything back in

and waaahhhlllaa everything SHOULD work

did for me at least

hope we can finally close this thread
Old 03-30-2005, 06:48 PM
Intermediate

flopez82... u are the man!! Thank you so much for the post and thanks to Marc at bliztsafe as well... I was switching the wires and it did nothing but when i put the male and female parts together i figured it out...

The sound is so much better than the FM Modulator

P.S. Now that I have the Blitzsafe installed I no longer have access to the Aux port...Therefore I'm selling My Stock Mp3 player if anyone is interested... It fits perfectly in the slot above "this is not an ashtray" and allows you to use your stereo controls... Give me a pm and i can negotiate price
Old 03-30-2005, 07:14 PM
9th Gear

This solution worked for me...thanks, Elephantman and flopez for doing the legwork, and AKmovieman for the alternative solution.

One note (after Step 3 above): If the wires on both sides do not line up, you may want to try swapping the brown and blue wires/pins on the female side. This worked for me.

Also props again to logjam electronics, who sent me a SNHOND3 to swap out the Blitzsafe unit. Even though that didn't fix the problem, it shows how much they want to please their customers. And I hope Marc does "kicks that guy's ass".
Old 03-30-2005, 07:16 PM
Racer

good to hear it worked

u might wanna put ur mp3 player in the blackmarket section
Old 03-30-2005, 07:32 PM
Racer

yes that what i mean by saying
look and make sure that the wires on both sides are in the same order
please make sure all four wure (blue, brown, yellow, and black) wires line up on both the female and male sides of the plugs
Old 03-30-2005, 07:43 PM
Senior Moderator

I haven't been following this thread..

Does this needed added to the main list?

I see alot of good info...
Old 03-30-2005, 10:39 PM
Racer

well i think it should since its something that alot of people have been having probs with

and we finally got results
Old 03-31-2005, 09:16 AM
Racer

By the way if anyone wants to visit Blitzsafe the address is 33 Honeck St Englewood NJ
Old 01-11-2006, 02:44 AM
Burning Brakes

I have olympus 5gb mp3 player...non ipod
so i need to purchase blitzsafe dmx v2

will it work as a charger?
do i need rca to mini jack cable ? http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s..._35RCA6MM.html