Blitzsafe not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blitzsafe not working

Hello,

I just got my blitzsafe from autotoys and I dont think it works. I have 04 TSX with Nav. I unplugged the original connected, attached it to the blitzsafe and then attached the new plug to the navi. Nothing happens when I his the cd button twice. I tried pluggin it in with the power off, on, etc... and I cannot get it to work. Any ideas??? also i see here that autotoys allows no returns refunds or exchages. If thats 100% true, they will have hell to pay from me.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Instructor

I have the exact same issue also purchased from autotoys.com try contacting blitzsafe directly they claim to offer a lifetime warranty. Might want to check if anyone here has blitzsafe working in their car they might be able to help. I do recall someone posting about it not working in the TSX.

Last edited by TSX007; 03-14-2005 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:06 PM
Instructor

Yeah I just tried again, its weird though because the video on the navigation (map, radio, etc...) work fine but no matter what it won't recognize the aux audio. I've tried all the possible ipod on car off radio off and back again. Its probably just dead.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey im having the same issue maaannnnn

what sucks about my situation is that since i installed the navi after i bought the car i dunno if it the setup i did or the actual device

so what i did was i returned the device to autotoys and they sent me another one and guess what....... IT STILL DONT WORK

now from reading this post and a couple other ones in the accourd forum this is happening to a bunch or accords and tsxs ive been without sound on my dvd player for 3 months now wtf

let me know of any solutions

you can hit me up on AIM if yah want at sigeppoopooboy10

laters
Old 03-15-2005, 04:56 AM
Racer

I posted this before but this was an email I got from Logjam

"Technically, yes it will work. However, on the latest release of the HON/SNY ITI V.2 (Blitzsafe was out of stock on this item for about 2 months, but are now shipping again), we have been getting feedback from '04 TSX owners who bought the device saying the device don't work. Blitzsafe has acknowledged there is a bug in the compatibility of this device with the '04 TSX and are working to resolve the issue. As of this writing, they have not release a TSX-compatible device yet. We are hopeful that a remedy will be available within the next couple of weeks.

Thank you,

Technical Support
Logjam Electronics
www.logjamelectronics.com"
Old 03-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Instructor

I spoke to Blitzsafe, they told me to switch the black and yellow wires on the blitzsafe part that connects to the radio. I did this and the tech was shocked that it didn't work. He said it is probably a bad device so I shipped it directly to them for repair/replacement. For anyone having problems, try swtiching those two leads (you need a small pin to pop them out). Again, this is the clip on the blitzsafe that attaches to the radio.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Racer

good ima give it a try let you know whats up

laters
Old 03-15-2005, 02:43 PM
Racer

hey guys i did the whole switching of the black and yellow cable and it workkkkeeedddd

damn about time thanks for the post btw

good luck with your unit
Old 03-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice Flopez82...I know you've been trying to figure this out for awhile. You must be pumped up!
Old 03-15-2005, 05:01 PM
Racer

cool beans!
Old 03-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Racer

yeah man about time i get some sound woohhoo

no i gotta get something to remove the electrical interference

when i accelerate it sounds a bit like the car lol

when the movie is playing you cant hear it but if the movie is not playinng you can hear it nasty style

laters
Old 03-15-2005, 06:12 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Go and get a good Ground Loop isolator from Circuit City or somewhere like that.

Do not get the radio shack GLI, that one is crappy!
Old 03-15-2005, 06:21 PM
Racer

yeah either that or i was gonna pass by my local system install place to see if they had one well c

ill keep u updated
Old 03-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Instructor

You guys are awesome! This is definitely a great forum! I switched the wires as directed on the Blitzsafe and guess what? It works! Finally! This weekend I'll finish the Navi-Plus install and clean up the Blitzsafe install. Thanks and I bow down to all the guys on this thread! Especially glott!
Old 03-15-2005, 09:10 PM
9th Gear

Blitzsafe

Hi Everybody.

I experienced the black/yellow wire problem in my 2004 TSX as well, but the posted solution worked, an the head unit now recognizes the aux input.

However, I no longer can access the "Audio" menu through the display for any source (CD/CDC/Tuner), which means that cannot adjust the tone at all. The rest of the buttons (skip track, change source, etc.) work fine.

Has anybody else encountered similar issues? Thanks.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CheeseRex
Hi Everybody.

I experienced the black/yellow wire problem in my 2004 TSX as well, but the posted solution worked, an the head unit now recognizes the aux input.

However, I no longer can access the "Audio" menu through the display for any source (CD/CDC/Tuner), which means that cannot adjust the tone at all. The rest of the buttons (skip track, change source, etc.) work fine.

Has anybody else encountered similar issues? Thanks.
Interesting...is this the navi or non? I have the Navi and I can check my system tomorrow and get back to you if that's any help.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:46 PM
Instructor

Sounds good, I guess mine was just broken in general, but who knows it could be my head unit
Old 03-15-2005, 10:30 PM
9th Gear

Thanks, 007--I have the Blitzsafe for navi (HON/SNY ITI V.2).

So much for plug-n-play...
Old 03-16-2005, 03:23 PM
Instructor

Yeah my audio display doesn't work either but you may still be able to adjust bass and treble with the tune/sound knob on the right you just have to push it in.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:23 PM
9th Gear

Thanks for checking, 007.

I was hoping that my harness was defective, but this looks like a bug with the Blitzsafe design. I suppose I can use the tone control knob...but at $130, I shouldn't have to sacrifice any head unit functionality.

If anybody reads this post and has experienced similar issues, perhaps e-mailing Blitzsafe would help (techsupport@blitzsafe.com). If we get enough critical mass, perhaps they'll consider addressing the issue.

Or if you are able to use the on-screen audio controls, please post a reply.

Thanks for your time.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:02 PM
Racer

wow that sucks about the loosing functionality deal

gonna give mine a try tonight ill keep you guys posted

later
Old 03-16-2005, 08:58 PM
9th Gear

I spoke to Blitzsafe several times today. Their technical support rep (Gary) said this is the first time they have heard of this issue.

Gary offered to replace my adapter, but I declined after reading TSX007's post. I asked him if I am entitled to any version updates (bug fixes), and he said 'yes'. However, he said that the company could not guarantee when or if a new version would be released. So there's little consolation for me here, except for that the company's technical support was accomodating.

Another gripe: If you can't access the audio menu, I don't think you can program your tuner presets. Again, not a huge deal, but this is getting annoying...

I wonder if the spliced non-navi version (SNHOND3 w/Honda adapter) has the same problems?
Old 03-17-2005, 01:51 PM
Racer

guys i hate to break it to you but have you tried your voice activation button lately after this wire switcharu??

it seems to me that it dont work no more and that now it activates the "auto" button of the a/c

i might be wrong about this but i dont think so please give it a try and see if yours is doing this after switching the wires

thanks
Old 03-17-2005, 04:57 PM
Instructor

I wonder if the spliced non-navi version (SNHOND3 w/Honda adapter) has the same problems?[/QUOTE]
I had purchased the honda adapter awhile back with the intentions of installing the soundgate, the instructions result in the same exact harness that the blitzsafe provides us with. We can only hope that someone with the old soundgate setup sees this thread and gives us some insight.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:32 PM
9th Gear

Flopez, I've confirmed that the adaptor interferes with the voice recognition functionality.

I think I'm going to stick a fork in this one...back to logjam it goes. With my experience, this isn't worth a quarter of the price. At first I was disappointed; now I'm just pissed off and frustrated.

Will try posting on the SHOND3 threads to see if the spliced harness works.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:22 AM
Mic up, Cue, Dissolve 1..

Blitsafe is not safe at all

I just switched the wires and it happend to work as well but my adio button does not work. I was thinking that maybe I can put a switch on the power wire for the blitzsafe unit so it fools the radio into thinking it is not plugged in. Hopefully this will alow me to use my audio button and voice recognition when it is switched off. I will be doing this tomorrow so I will keep you guys posted.

Does anyone know if there are any other aux inputs that work flawless? without any side effects?
Old 03-18-2005, 10:19 AM
9th Gear

Potential Solution?

Per Logjam Electronics: "Blitzsafe has acknowledged that there are some known issues with this last batch of HON/SNY ITI V.2s that Blitzsafe received from their offshore supplier (about 50% were bad)."

Logjam has offered to switch out my Blitzsafe box for a Soundgate SNHOND3 box, free of charge, while I keep my Blitzsafe 'Y harness'. This will occur next week, as Logjam is currently waiting for another shipment from Soundgate.

So, for Logjam customer service (although if if I could do it over, I'd splice my own 'Y harness' and save $30).

Will keep you posted on any breakthroughs with the new solution.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:14 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by relik2004
I just switched the wires and it happend to work as well but my adio button does not work. I was thinking that maybe I can put a switch on the power wire for the blitzsafe unit so it fools the radio into thinking it is not plugged in. Hopefully this will alow me to use my audio button and voice recognition when it is switched off. I will be doing this tomorrow so I will keep you guys posted.

Does anyone know if there are any other aux inputs that work flawless? without any side effects?
I tried adding the switch on the yellow wire but still no audio display or navi voice
I also tried adding a switch to the red/black wire because I notice it's feeding 12v to the Blitzsafe but no change. I called Blitzsafe today (spoke to mark)and they don't know anything about a bad batch or the audio display/navi voice problem on the TSX maybe we should voice our complaints as a group on their bulletin board at the very least we should let them know it's a problem.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Blitzsafe working on my 05 nav (no XM)

I bought my Blitzsafe adapter back on March 8, 2005. After reading this thread, I was about to just ship it back to logjam. But I decided to just give it a try rather than going through the hassle of returning it. I figured my install should be relatively simple b/c my XM account expired and I have no interest in renewing. I wanted to just ditch the XM in favor or an aux input for my iPod.

So, before I did anything, I switched the yellow and black wires as per instructions. I popped out the dash and disconnected the XM harness from the aux port. I installed the Blitzsafe harness into the aux port and connected the XM harness into the female Blitzsafe connector. I hooked up my iPod to the Blitzsafe box and turned the car and stereo on, but couldn't get CD-C no matter how many times I pushed the CD/XM/aux button. XM wasn't coming up either - just FM/AM/CD. Tone control and voice control were not working. I then held the CD/XM/aux button for about 5 seconds and the small display above the nav screen turned very dim. I held it again for 5 seconds and the display returned to normal brightness. Whew! Thought I broke something.

Since this wasn't working, I disconnected everything and switched the yellow and black wires on the Blitzsafe harness BACK to its original configuration. I reconnected everything again as per the above and turned the car on. At first, it wasn't working. Pushing the CD/XM/aux button did absolutely nothing. I again held the CD/XM/aux button for 5 seconds. The upper display again went dim. I pushed and held the CD/XM/aux button for another 5 seconds and the upper display returned to normal brightness.

BUT, this time, when I pushed the steering wheel mode button, CD-C APPEARED! But, no sound from the iPod. I looked at the iPod and noticed it was on pause. I hit play on the iPod and was treated to the wonderful, clean and crisp sound that could only come from audio equipment hooked directly to a headunit! Whoo-Hoo!

So, since this was now working, I pushed the far right rotary dial expecting to not be able to adjust the tone. BUT IT WORKED! The onscreen menu for tonal controls popped up and I could control it with the dial or by pushing the touchscreen! I tried the voice control button on the steering wheel and it dutifully muted the iPod and the voice prompt came on. I tried a few voice commands and they worked flawlessly.

I stopped and started the car a few times and I went on a long hour drive to make sure everything worked. So far, so good.

So, I guess there are *some* Blitzsafe adapters in the recent batch that are working properly and does not require any switching of yellow/black wire or installing a on/off switch on the power wire, etc.

For those who have not been able to get it to work at all, have you tried pushing and holding the CD/XM/aux button for a long time? I had to push and hold it for about 5 seconds 2x before the CD-C option popped up.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:15 AM
Instructor

Knowing that your Blizsafe adapter works without the wire swap leads me to 1 conclusion the harness is wired differently on some adapters if they wired the yellow and black in reverse isn't it possible that they screwed up other parts of the harness? Actually I'm hoping it is the harness because that can be easily remedied if it's the IC controller then we're screwed and have to send it back to Blitzsafe. I ordered the Soundgate snhond3 so as soon as I get it I'm going to compare wire harness layout theoretically it should be identical(after splicing). Of course this comparision will only work if the circuitry and pin layouts are the same. But if we want to rule out the harness as culprit quicker, we can ask AlterZgo if he can give us the wire layout on his working Blitzsafe harness so that we can compare. How about it Alterzgo?
Old 03-20-2005, 11:36 AM
Burning Brakes

OK, just for you guys, I opened the car back up snapped some pictures, etc. I'll post pictures up later, but here's a quck and dirty run down of how my Blitzsafe adapter is wired.

LEGEND: G = green, R = red, W = white, Y = yellow, BLU = blue, BLK = black, BS = black stripe
OPN = open, ie. no wire going in. G/BS = green w/black stripe, R/BS = red w/ black stripe, etc...

#1) HARNESS IN TO BLITZSAFE BOX. This is viewed from the end going into the box with the Blitzsafe logo on top.

G/BS - R/BS - W/BS - RED - BLK
WHT - BLUE - GRN - YLW - OPN

#2) MALE HARNESS THAT IS CONNECTED TO THE AUX (XM INPUT IN MY 05).

Blu/BS - Blu/BS - OPN - TAB - GRN - BLK - YLW - OPN - OPN
BLK - WHT - OPN - R/BS - **RELEASE TAB** - RED - W/BS

#3) FEMALE HARNESS THAT MY 05 TSX'S XM HARNESS IS PLUGGED INTO:

OPN - OPN - YLW - BLU - OPN - OPN - OPN - OPN - OPN
OPN - OPN - OPN - OPN - OPN - WHT - OPN - OPN - OPN

With respect to harness #2 and #3, the following wires are spliced together:

#3's Yellow to #2's Yellow
#3's Blue to #2's Black
#3's White to #2's R/BS

I'll post pictures later when I pull them out of my camera.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Instructor

Thanks AlterZgo I'm looking forword to those pictures I think I might have different color code for the grn/bs if or when you get chance see if you can find where it connects to on the #2 male harness thanks again
Old 03-21-2005, 11:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Pictures of my WORKING Blitzsafe adapter in a 05 nav (XM disabled)

Here are the pictures that correspond to post #31 above:

#1) HARNESS IN TO BLITZSAFE BOX. This is viewed from the end going into the box with the Blitzsafe logo on top.
G/BS - R/BS - W/BS - RED - BLK
WHT - BLUE - GRN - YLW - OPN
top view:

bottom view:

#2) MALE HARNESS THAT IS CONNECTED TO THE AUX (XM INPUT IN MY 05).
Blu/BS - Blu/BS - OPN - TAB - GRN - BLK - YLW - OPN - OPN
BLK - WHT - OPN - R/BS - **RELEASE TAB** - RED - W/BS
top (side where yellow and black wires are)

bottom (note, this harness is flipped over so, the color sequence is in reverse to what's indicated above)

#3) FEMALE HARNESS THAT MY 05 TSX'S XM HARNESS IS PLUGGED INTO:
OPN - OPN - YLW - BLU - OPN - OPN - OPN - OPN - OPN
OPN - OPN - OPN - OPN - OPN - WHT - OPN - OPN - OPN
note - the harness is upside down so it's reversed from what's written above.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Burning Brakes

finished install - note tone controls working

Here are a couple of finished installation pictures. This is an 05 Nav, XM disabled, using the Blitzsafe HON/SNY ITI V.2 hooked up to a 40GB iPod photo. The mount is a panavise mount w/ a generic cell phone holder.

Note that the tone controls are functional while on CD-C:

Nav map also working while on CD-C:
Old 03-21-2005, 11:36 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Well described!

So, Alter, if you disabled XM, could you take the XM signal wires and run them into a source switcher, and run the iPod into the source switcher, and run the OP of the switcher into the RCA in of the SHOND?
Old 03-22-2005, 02:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Don't really know. I have the XM connector attached to the side connector of the Blitzsafe (harness #3 in the picture above). When I initially installed everything, I left the XM connector disconnected and it wouldn't switch over to CD-C and I lost my tone and voice controls. After I hooked the XM connector to harness #3, everything worked.

I not too electronically inclined, but I would guess that even if you were able to pull the signal wires from the XM harness, the bigger issue of switching between CD/XM/aux remains. Though, it is possible that my Blitzsafe may not have the same issues that Humperdood and the others were having. My Blitzsafe adapter did not require a on-off switch on the yellow wire and I am able to fully use tone and voice controls. Therefore, it appears my adapter may not have the problem described by others of the adapter continually sending power/signal which appears to be messing up the source switching.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:58 AM
Instructor

AlterZgo. Thanks for the pics it's going to be a big help. I'll be comparing harnesses afterwork, hopefully at the very least we can rule out having a bad batch of harnesses.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:20 AM
8th Gear

same as alterzgo, before i installed the blitzsafe, i switched the yellow and black wires in the harness. i plugged in the blitzsafe and pressed the cd button and nothing happened. after reading the post from alterzgo, i switched the yellow and black wires back to original place. pressed the cd button twice and cd-c showed on the display. pressed the audio button and the screen showed up on my navi display. i can too set sound adjustments and presets to the radio stations, check to different cd slots, etc. thanks for the info alterzgo
Old 03-24-2005, 03:43 PM
10th Gear

2004 Accord w/Nav XM

Wow, so I finally stumbled across what you guys have been writing.

Here is my situation. I have a 2004 Accord with Nav and XM. The first thing I tried using a Soundgate spliced together with the modification thats floating out there. That didn't work. I would get XM showing up, no sound from anything and CD-C would not show up. Also, I left the box in and it turns out it was draining my battery. BAD!

So then I ordered the Blitzsafe with the Y connector and I got the same results, minus the battery issue. Blitzsafe told me to switch the wires if they were configured a certain way, they weren't. But then I starting to think, what is the Y connector for? According to them you need it for audio commands. Well when I unplug the two cables, i wind up with a female 14 pin (coming from the back of the headunit I assume) and the other end which I assumed was XM and the passthrough. Well with it unplugged I lose XM but everything works normally. Voice, nav, etc. I even tried plugging in the blitzsafe into the female connector only and letting the other end dangle, didn't work.

So now I am thinking that the design has changed and the unit will function like a regular accord headunit without nav. So I ordered another Soundgate (since I destroyed the last one) and I am waiting to see if that works, just plugging it into the Female connector and leaving the XM one disconnected. If that doesn't work, I am going to go to an audio place and have them pull out the head unit and plug it directly into the back. I assume the female end is just a small extension cord? Anyone think my theory is correct or have any other suggestions?
Old 03-24-2005, 03:45 PM
10th Gear

Also note that I don't care about XM at all.

Quick Reply: Blitzsafe not working